Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A C Offline OP
OP Offline
Question for a friend:
Are there mechanics on the island for cars/karts? I mean Im sure there are but how are they? Would this be something someone could make money doing there if they are real good/not expensive?

thanks!

AC

There are many several car/cart mechanics. A couple who are pretty good. Not sure about motorbike mechanics and we're seeing more and more motorbikes.When I had one a few years ago I could not find a good mechanic.

A C Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by natalie p
There are many several car/cart mechanics. A couple who are pretty good. Not sure about motorbike mechanics and we're seeing more and more motorbikes.When I had one a few years ago I could not find a good mechanic.

so this wouldnt be a good way for someone to find work? My buddy was thinking of coming down for a month or two and hes a mechanic...

AC

B
B
There still is the issue of a work permit. Might be difficult to get for a short period of time. Although, the times they are a changing and a good mechanic, especially for motorcycles would be a blessing.

N
N
When we were there a couple turned their cart on it's side. Something that happens a lot with people not knowing how to drive one. The cost quoted them to repair a bent, bent not broken, canopy top & cracked rear fender? $3,000!

tons of mechanics for carts on the island AC.

It will take 6 months min until your friend can get the work permit...

I recently heard the work permit process is changing and they are limiting the number they will be giving out. Best to start your own business and apply for a self employment permit and create jobs for others down here.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.