Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Gela Offline OP
OP Offline
It has been my experience in the past, that using high denomination US currency has been difficult. The US 50 dollar bill has been updated - has anyone used them on AC and did you ever have a problem?

FYI: When I was in San Juan in December, many places would not take the old five dollar bill because they said they were fakes (didn't have the watermarks/threads).

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
If no one will take them just go to the bank, i am sure they will..as long as they are real

Reality..What a concept!
E
E
I had 3 $100 USD bills and had no problem changing them last week. Charlie at Estel's changed one at breakfast, I broke another at the big purple supermarket on Back Street by the Texaco and Wet Willies broke the other on a busy night.

They're pretty knowledgeable about all currencies and it's been a while since the changeover. Like papa said if you do have a problem stop by the bank. Just wanted to share my experiences last week.

God Bless The Reef!
Gela Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the replies.

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
M
M
Hi Gela,
The last time I was on AC I exchanged my US $50.00 for about 15 Belikins.

P
P
You should get out of the resort more and get 20 Belikins for your money.......

LOL Phil, good one and true.

I don't know anyone who would not take a $50 US bill or a $100 one for that matter! People love US.

S
S
Any small shop or bar that doesn't have that much change available can't take it even though they would like to have it.

gotcha. I am sure someone at the bar would love to change it for them. Just go to any store on your way to the bar, they would love to change it.

M
M
Phil,
I'm counting a tip.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 353 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.