Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
Belize Electricity Limited advises its customers in San Pedro Town that the supply of electricity will be temporarily interrupted from 7:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. on Monday, November 9, 2009.

Areas to be affected: The portion of San Pedro Town including Pescador Drive from BEL's substation to north of the river mouth to Tranquility.
BEL apologizes for the inconvenience caused but this outage is necessary for the Company to perform emergency works on the distribution system in the area.

Oh Great!! My almost New Flat Screen Television crapped out during one of the famous San Pedro Brown out / Power surges (second set lost in 1 1/2 years) WTF?.

Good thing it's at the shop waiting for parts ....Unpluged.

Automatic Voltage Regulator and Major heavy duty surge protectors will be in my suitcase next trip mad

S
S
Get a "whole house" regulator/surge protector

T
T
Thanks Jeff Pierce!!!!

Your Complete Property Management Service
Service is FREE for renters!
www.ThreePalmsProperties.net
Originally Posted by Three_Palms
Thanks Jeff Pierce!!!!

What does this mean?

It means that new poles and lines were put in at Reef Village.

We usually get notices of planned outages and did not get any for this one. We ran and unplugged our equipment.

First thing that was done was the lines (Electric/phones/cable TV)
were cut.
Then four men spent all morning sitting in a truck with the A/C going while one guy used a machine to set the poles in the grounds.
Could this not have been done before cutting the lines?
One large cable was strung across the road and we almost ran into it dangling at an angle just barely overhead. No one was posted to warn people.
At 3:00 the electric came back on. I don't know how long it took to get the others running - we went to town. The crews were still working when we came home at 6:00.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
T
T
Originally Posted by ScubaLdy
It means that new poles and lines were put in at Reef Village.

We usually get notices of planned outages and did not get any for this one. We ran and unplugged our equipment.

First thing that was done was the lines (Electric/phones/cable TV)
were cut.
Then four men spent all morning sitting in a truck with the A/C going while one guy used a machine to set the poles in the grounds.
Could this not have been done before cutting the lines?
One large cable was strung across the road and we almost ran into it dangling at an angle just barely overhead. No one was posted to warn people.
At 3:00 the electric came back on. I don't know how long it took to get the others running - we went to town. The crews were still working when we came home at 6:00.

Thanks again Jeff Pierce!!

Your Complete Property Management Service
Service is FREE for renters!
www.ThreePalmsProperties.net
You all should buy UPS's for the computers and TV's. It allows you the needed time to shut down and save your equiptment.

Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol
Originally Posted by champion
You all should buy UPS's for the computers and TV's. It allows you the needed time to shut down and save your equiptment.

Good advice but I Think you would need to be at home before the battery back up goes dead (short battery life on affordable UPS units.

Originally Posted by jesse
Get a "whole house" regulator/surge protector

I agree Jesse but when I looked into AVR's and choose one to cover just one outlet, it weighs about Five lbs.
(I bought 3 of them)

I wonder what an AVR to cover the whole house would weigh / cost. (I have to carry it in my suitcase).

As far as the Surge protectors go, I brought one down last trip and have some more to bring down next trip.

They will protect to 4320 Joules and also handle cable for TV and Internet.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 281 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.