Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#377399 05/18/10 04:35 PM
B
BDB Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Heading down to Captain Morgans in June and are looking for recomendations for restaurants close by that we could walk or cart to. Been to Capricorn and Rondevous and like em both...

I would recommend Roho Lounge which is a little pricey but the food is great.

P
P
Spelt Rojo in case you search for it in the written form but pronounced as above in an ironic typo. Very good food. Great Lunch spot. Next door to their Azul Resort and then theres Mata Chica too.

N
N
Legends burger house
Lazy Croc
"O"
Mambo's
Portofino's - they will pick you up

Lazy Croc is a favorite of mine. Nothing like good barbecue. Makes me miss home.

Whoops... I thought it looked kind of funny. I do know better ... really.

Carlos

S
S
Just south of Captain Morgan's:
Aji's is great for dinner (haven't done lunch there yet). Ak'bol is a favorite for breakfast / lunch (try the stuffed fry jack with eggs and veggies), but if you appreciate Yoga, take a class out over the water (each morning at 9AM + other time). Lazy Croc is wonderful, but plan ahead as they are only open Friday - Sunday (close at 6 PM)
Have a great vacation smile

Along with the other fine recommendations above ......
CM's makes a dynamite burger - and that's coming from somebody who rarely eats burgers.
Watch for the tamale man on his bicycle - $4 Bz per tamale - home-made and delish - ask for the white meat ones, as the others have bones and feet and all, making them a bit of a challenge for a gringo diner.
Mambo at Mata Chica is quite wonderful - I especially enjoy a long lazy lunch there with a view of the sea. The skewered snapper is incredible.

C
C
I have eaten at Ak Bol also. Great prices, whole wheat pizza, local food and a wonderful location with an open air bar facing the water. The casual atmosphere reminds me of summer camp for adults and the perfect place to while away the afternoon. Super nice staff and owners, not to forget the yoga.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 304 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.