Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#413983 08/16/11 09:36 AM
J
jtk2010 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I was hoping to get some local opinions on reef fishing trips. I have narrowed it down to the following companies - Grumpy and Happy, Suya Tour, Fishing San Pedro, and Funtasea. They all seem to be pretty comparable to each other, but all insights are appreciated.

It is important to know who, I repeat who your fishing guide will be his name .Not a guy off a dock with poor tackel and a boat with no first aid kit!!!you want a good local person who has been fishing here a while and has a proven track record of catching fish.
Be aware some companies that just call a guy who is around and has a boat and fishing rods.??..Now I book thru my friend steve a nice guy he is fishingsanpedro.com he books lots of local capts like pete graniel ,abel gurrero ,or eric on the boat uprising they know there stuff .he takes credit cards and does not put them thru till you go And you know who is taking you out before you go .There are some other very good capts here people will share the info with you here get a name before you book anyone guide.who you get is important AND WILL HELP GIVE YOU A SAFE AND WONDERFUL LIVING THE DREAM DAY ON THE WATER.
Tight lines and good fishing.

Last edited by captjeff; 08/16/11 10:22 AM.

Living The Dream Every Day!
B
B
you may want to try Alberto Bradley. he has nice boat and always has top equipment. he'll take you outside the reef or stay inside the reef depending upon your request. also he has won or placed in many of the fishing tournaments too. he has a cell number that i don't have with me at the moment but i'll be happy to post it later this evening.

B
B
alberto's number is 226 2608

J
J
Is it normal to not get businesses to return emails in San Pedro. I have been trying to plan and make reservations for fishing and snorkeling trips and have had a hard time getting responses from the companies that have been highly recomended on this board.

Originally Posted by jockoj
Is it normal to not get businesses to return emails in San Pedro. I have been trying to plan and make reservations for fishing and snorkeling trips and have had a hard time getting responses from the companies that have been highly recomended on this board.

Normal yes, fishing guides usually aren't the type and besides there out fishing! ;-)
Most of them get their bookings from the hotels by the guests asking the front desk and the front desk knowing the cel number.
Good fishing guide and ace business man usually don't come wrapped together.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
elbert is spot on ,the good guides are good guides ,not the best of business men.there wonderful people but not the best of getting back to you .I gave you a few names of the capts i use
and can be reached thru fishingsanpedro.com or call 011 501 6079967 thats why he has that web site And books the local capts.!!! HE DOES IT ALL FOR YOU .when are you comming down?what time of the year .?

Last edited by captjeff; 08/20/11 08:40 AM.

J
J
Well I was supposed to be flying in today but got delayed until tomorrow due to weather. Fishingsanpedro.com is one of the companies that I have emailed twice now with no reply. Was trying to avoid an international phone call if it could be handled by email. If you know them, let them know there is businees waiting for them online. Thanks, Mike

it maybe because of the storm but call them it is not a lots of money and the number is his cell he will pick up .good fiishing mike have fun .

Well, I finally got on to the internet for the first time in 3 days. Busy with work and the storm coming.

Good news, Mike is all set with his trip for Thurs.

Now if it will just stop raining long enough for me to buy vegies for the BBQ.....

[email protected] to book your fishing trips.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.