Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#427423 01/11/12 08:46 AM
C
Cooper Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I had a MABE refridge for 5 years and just bought a new one. Most times when I close the door it makes a pretty loud gurgling noise for about 10 seconds. I was told this was the evaporater, but I have never heard a fridge make this noise, I am concerned somthing is wrong with the lines? Anyone have this issue?????

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
Wish I knew for sure Coop, I do know that refrigerators like to be completely level to operate well. Is the fridge level and stable? or is it rocking like an unbalanced resaturant table when you open the door? Alternately does the door have one of those water dispensers in it? If it does the cold water storage bladder may be sloshing if its located in the door itself.

I searched for Mabe reefer gurgling and go this web page back with a section (about 2/3's of the way down the page) that basically says its a normal sound. Lol, of course you'll have to convince yourself of that obviously!

http://appliancerepair.lifetips.com/cat/63866/refrigerator-parts/index.html

Other than that pard I got nothing. If it's new I'd be making warranty calls if youre still not satisfied.

Last edited by Bear; 01/11/12 12:32 PM.
We have a Frigiaire Gallery Series that does that same thing every once in a while....never had problems with it in the last six years.

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
C
Cooper Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Yeah, I have read it can be a normal thing. We do have a warrenty but have to pay the techs way to the caye, that could turn into several trips and pay for the fridge to be barged back to B.C. Think we will just hang loose...Thanks

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
Originally Posted by Cooper
Yeah, I have read it can be a normal thing. We do have a warrenty but have to pay the techs way to the caye, that could turn into several trips and pay for the fridge to be barged back to B.C. Think we will just hang loose...Thanks

If I were in your shoes that's what I'd do...

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 298 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.