Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
G
gout Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Hello, I am new to this forum. I spent a couple weeks in San Pedro, Caulker, Belize city and Guatemala early this year. After these travels my fiance and I have decided Ambergris Caye is where we want to have our wedding.

Does any body have any suggestions on a place to have a short ceremony? We are planning this by ourselves. There will be about 15-20 guests from the US. We don't want to spend a fortune on the ceremony.

So, who has been to a Belizean wedding? Any help with flowers, photography, do's and dont's, etc. would be much appreciated! Also can anybody suggest lodging that is middle of the road, price-wise. Thank you very much.

J
J
My wife and I just got married there on November 17th. Talk to Ruth at Caribbean Villas, she handled everything with the wedding (flowers, cake, etc) for us, and it was phenomenal.
For photography, Colette at Conch Creative, they are awesome! Colette frequents this forum sometimes. I'd be happy to answer questions about our experience, just PM me.

Last edited by jbreak; 12/05/11 02:21 PM.
G
gout Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Thanks so much. I will be in touch.

B
B
Caribbean Villas would be awesome. Or a private house? I just helped out at a wedding down there and it was AMAZING. Check out idobelizeweddings.com. And Conch Creative was taking pics at this wedding...they are awesome.

N
N
Rojo Lounge / Azul Resort is a beautiful and intimate setting for a small wedding.

Noele McLain
Go Yoga, travelling to you and with you.
501 670 6008
G
gout Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Yes I think we will definitely be renting a private house for at least a reception/party post wedding. Any ideas for house properties?

Hi Gout,

I'm one half of Conch Creative. Thanks guys for the nice words above. We love what we do!

There are so many properties to suit any tastes, I can only suggest you look through the private villas section of this website and see what suits your needs and location.

If you are budget minded, may I suggest that you might like to be closer to town so that you don't have to spend much on travel. On the other hand, if you plan to spend your time lying on our beautiful beaches, reading books and enjoying the view, then a villa further south or north might suit you too.

There are a number of excellent photography services on the island, which is very lucky for destination wedding couples as there is a choice in terms of personal style.

The best advice I can give you is to have your wedding later in the afternoon as that is when the light is best on the Caribbean side. You won't be too hot, sweaty or squinting in your photographs either.

Also, make sure to have a plan B. We've been very lucky never to have had a wedding rained out, but that doesn't mean it can't happen.

And have colour. Plenty of colour always looks wonderful at beach weddings. If you have any other questions, please do feel free to get in touch.

www.conchcreative.com
Belize Wedding Photography

My wife and I were married at the SunBreeze Hotel, above the Blue Water Grill. It was wonderful.

Not sure your exact dates or number of people but we have hosted weddings such as yours at Solaria Villas in the past and everyone seemed to be very happy with the location and the villas. Yes, I own one of the villas so I am biased but I would be happy to put you in touch with our rental agent and they can handle all the details for you including the wedding arrangements.
http://www.solariabelize.com/

Last edited by CaptOneIron; 12/05/11 08:15 PM.

Captain One Iron
P
P
Look at Los Encantos. Many weddings and honeymoons have been arranged there. There are four villas in a group so that no one is on top of anyone else. You also have a private pool for the four villas. It is very close to Rojo and Mambo, which are excellent restaurants, or there are several private caterers as well.

I second Conch Creative having worked with them. Maya and Colette are a dream to work with, talking from personal experience.

No matter where you go, use Conch Creative and you won't be sorry.

Janice

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 272 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.