Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

When Miss San Pedro, Michelle Nu�ez, is not busy with her regular 'Queenly" duties as beauty ambassador of San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, Belize, (attending community events, hosting pageants, inaugurating businesses, travelling abroad, assisting at fundraising events) she is even busier working on side projects associated with S.H.I.N.E. (Shaping Healthy Identities through Nurturing and Empowerment).

The S.H.I.N.E program was developed by Michelle Nu�ez and sponsored by On Eagles Wings Ministries. Michelle serves at the Director of S.H.I.N.E. which keeps her on her toes as she works with young women between the ages of 13 and 16. The program's goal is to empower and motivate girls to reach their full potential. Currently, Michelle is working with a group on the first semester of the program involving them in fun activities to boost self esteem and encourage healthy decision-making.

Michelle just recently traveled to Charlotte, North Carolina, USA, to represent On Eagles Wings Ministries Belize (OEWM). The purpose of her visit was to familiarize herself with OEWM and learn valuable information that she can apply to her program here San Pedro, Ambergris Caye.

Michelle Nunez empowers SHINE participants with "I Am Me" photo shoot

Rounding off the activities for S.H.I.N.E's first semester group will be a fundraising banquet dinner to be held at Ramon's Village on Saturday, May 15, 2015, titled A Magical Mayan Night and a Runway to Empowerment Fashion Show in collaboration with Foreva Fancy Boutique.

The Fundraising Banquet on the Beach Under the Stars at Ramon's Village Includes:
Saturday, May 16, 2015 - 5:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
*Enjoy the magic of Pablo Collado and his Mayan flute
*Feast on a delectable Mayan pibil dinner
*Join in our fun "Chinese auction" (each raise of the bid is only $1) to win a fabulous weekend at "Chocolate Festival " in Punta Gorda Town, May 22 - 24th (includes round trip air fare, all festival activities, accommodations at the exquisite Belcampo resort and lunch with a local Mayan family in their home!) *Tickets are just $60Bze each or a table for 6 just $300! Call for reservations: 630-2560 or email: [email protected]

Please Note: tickets must be purchased and picked up at Warpaint prior to the event. Get in the spirit and wear Mayan white!

*The Foreva Fancy Empowerment Fashion Show will close the first semester of the S.H.I.N.E. program and is the biggest activity to boost self esteem for the group of young ladies who are excited share the runway with seasoned models of Foreva Fancy.

Matching bracelets encourage show of friendship, support and unity

Click here to read the rest of the article and see more photos in the Ambergris Today

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
TICKETS ARE AVAILABLE AT WARPAINT FOR SATURDAY, MAY 16, 2015 MAGICAL MAYA EVENT

Magical Mayan Night at Ramon's Village Resort
The organizers of the upcoming SHINE (Shaping Healthy Identities through Nurturing and Empowerment) Fundraiser gave me a shout out to do some promo for them. I am always happy to help promote fundraising events that go on in our community, especially when it is about empowering youth. SHINE and On Eagles Wings Ministries (OEWM) have been working together to provide positive role models and help empower young girls to live full and successful lives. OEWM, based out of the USA and expanded to San Pedro. More information on the organizations and pics from their first fundraiser can be found on my January post San Pedro Girls Empowered by SHINE & OEWM (On Eagles Wings Ministries) with updated information on the fundraiser which was originally scheduled for April 17, - now being held this Saturday May 16, 2015 at Ramon's Village.

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Miss San Pedro invites you to a Magical Mayan Night Fundraising Banquet

Since winning the crown and hearts of the San Pedro community in August 2014, Miss San Pedro Michelle Nu�ez has taken on several projects. She is not only a beauty ambassador, but someone who is striving to make a change in the lives of young girls in need of moral support. As such, Nu�ez launched the SHINE (Shaping Healthy Identities through Nurturing and Empowerment) program with the assistance of On Eagles Wings Ministries (OEWM) to empower young women. In an effort to continue the program, Nu�ez will be hosting a fundraising banquet to raise monies to build a SHINE/OEWM center and home for victims of sexual exploitation.

"A Magical Mayan Night" banquet will be held at Ramon's Village Resort on Saturday, May 16th from 5:30PM to 9PM. This fun event includes a dinner buffet, Chinese auction, Maya flute music by Pablo Collado and of course, refreshing cocktails. The night will also commemorate the final activity of the SHINE girls' first semester curriculum. "I have been patiently waiting for the event to come. I am inviting my entire community to be a part of the SHINE center! Together we can make a difference. Come and witness Pablo Collado and his Maya Flute, enjoy some Maya Pibil Tacos, and start saving those dollar coins as the Chinese Auction is bigger than ever. Persons will have a chance to win two round trip tickets to Punta Gorda with Tropic Air, where you get to enjoy the activities at the 'Chocolate Festival of Belize' which also includes accommodations and lunch with a Maya Family!! Let's get into the spirit and wear Mayan white," said Nu�ez.

Tickets for the event are on sale at War Paint for $60BZ each or $300BZ for a table for six. For reservations, contact Nu�ez at 623-3372 or 630-2560, or email [email protected].

Click here to read the rest of the article and see more photos in the San Pedro Sun

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Magical Mayan Night by Kevin Smith
As always many came out in support of SHINE and many opted to dress in Mayan white the theme color of the event. The evenings culinary treat was a buffet style dinner which was soft tacos with either corn or flour tortilla with a large variety of fixings and desert wit lemon and coconut tarts. Gary Grief made opening comments in support of the work being done and they presented a plan to building a eco friendly design for at risk young ladies here on the island. The architect of the building was there. It is clear that Michelle is very passionate about this project and with help from OWEM's Brenda and Emily from the States, she is going far towards making a safe place for young girls to learn grow and develop. The Chinese auction was a big hit, for the trip they had to the chocolate festival. I can not remember who or exact amount was but I believe it was just over $2000. The full prize was for an incredible weekend at the famous "Chocolate Festival of Belize" in Punta Gorda Town. The weekend includes round trip airfare for two on Tropic Air, festival activities, complimentary hotel accommodations and lunch with a Mayan Family - worth every penny.

Miss San Pedro and On Eagle's Wings Ministries Host Successful Fundraiser
Miss San Pedro, Michelle Nunez, along with members of the non-profit organization On Eagle's Wings Ministries (OEWM) hosted a successful fundraising banquet dinner at Ramon's Village on Saturday, May 16, 2015 under a Maya-themed event. Michelle Nunez has been successful in joining efforts with OEWM to establish her S.H.I.N.E foundation that is a youth enrichment program for girls 13 to 16 years old with the goal to empower and motivate them to reach their full potential. On the other hand OEWM, based out of the USA, has expanded its reach to San Pedro in hopes to empower and bring a brighter future to females that have been sexually exploited and to those at risk of exploitation. The banquet dinner was held to raise funds for a S.H.I.N.E. Center that will be built in San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, which will serve as a community center for girls. During the gala dinner, a preliminary architectural concept design for the proposed center was presented to those in attendance; the land for the center has been purchased by On Eagles Wings Ministries.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 290 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.