Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#28940 10/09/00 03:28 PM
Chris Offline OP
OP Offline
We're here! Coconet Internet Bar is on line..well done BTL.

We hope to have lots of folk in soon to email friends and family.

San Pedro in remarkably good shape...we can't say we're quite ready for tourism but it won't be long....2 weeks to a month for a good vacation.

CNN and the other networks didn't quite have it right....we're not even close to being down, let alone out!

Welcome back World!!

B
B
Chris,
Fantastic, my friend! I have dozens of anxious gringos looking for info on their favorite SP gringos. This will help a great deal. How much progrees have they made with the power. Any word on when they will try to get down Coconut Drive?

BC

Hi Chris,

Good to hear from you. I hope you came through alright but there was a report you had severe damage at your house. If so, I am very sorry to hear if that is the case.

How did Coconuts and the beach bar make out in the storm? Have you seen or heard from David, Margie, Ada, Jose, Karina et al?

Is BC's Beach Bar okay or was it hit hard by winds?

How about the Blue Hole Dive Center. Still up and running? Any damage?

**Jim

[This message has been edited by Sandcrab (edited 10-09-2000).]

**Jim
B
B
**Jim,
The reports that have gotten back to me from a variety of returning visitors and phone calls indicate that BC's was in good shape "...Charlene and the bar are fine." (Bruce may still be up north playing pool. Just kidding!)

Coconuts seems to have fared pretty well as apparently did most of the concrete structures on the reef side and south of town. (Coral Bay, Caribbean Villas, Coconuts, etc.) Seems like most of the damage there amounts to trees, bushes, and a lot of junk blown in or left by the wash from the backside. (Note- the Coral Bay pic--a forty foot long, two foot deep, five foot wide channel running alongside the building to the water.)

I'm assume that Margie and the gang at Coconuts are ok, since many have asked and nothing has come back negative. I was told that Tim and Kathy are leaving this week for the States, and modern conveniences. I'm pretty sure if all were not accounted for that they would not leave.

Stay in touch.

BC

BC...Thanks a lot. Glad to hear all okay. I guess Tim builds them well.

Thanks again,
**Jim
sandcrab@bigfoot.com

**Jim
Chris Offline OP
OP Offline
...and sorry for the delay in responding...the link is still being tested by BTL techhies, so please expect up and down service for a while yet.

Certainly most of the damage is on the West side of the island, although not restricted to that area by any means. Most damaged roofs on hotels are being repaired. My house a gonner, but I didn't forget my insurance premium!

I think that many hotels will be ready for guests by the end of October. Hotels for sure ready as soon as they get power are:

Banana Beach Resort
Coconuts
Mayan Princess
Paradise Villas
Royal Palm Villas
Mata Rocks
Xanadu
Caribe Island Resort
Sunbreeze
Belizean Reef
Mata Chica

This list by no means complete, but I do believe all of the above hotels will be ready to rock and roll by month's end.

I believe that most other hotels will be up and running by Thanksgiving.

Elvi's kitchen suffered bad damage, but I know they will rebuild quickly

WASA water service has been restored to most of the island

Electricity on Front street is back, rest of island will follow soon. Order of march is Middle street, Back street and then roads North and South. Belize Electricity is running a huge rebuilding effort, so it won't be long.

Message to Travel Agents....don't write us off for season....we will have Paradise again very soon. Please don't neglect the rest of Belize...everything on the mainland and at Placentia is normal.

Message to Internet guests...if you are booked for San Pedro or Caye Caulker anytime after around the start of November you'll enjoy a great time. Don't cancel.

The reef is undamaged. Divers and snorkelers will still be able to enjoy the same pristine marine life as before.

All the Best from San Pedro!

S
S
Thank's for the great news Chris, it's nice to finally start hearing pleasant things again. Looking forward to my first visit!!!

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
so glad you guys are all okay and better than we thought. the pending visitors will sure be glad of the news...many were anxious. i dont know you, but i am sorry to hear of your home. best wishes. if you see her, tell tammy martinez we've all been nuts waiting to hear from her, if she'll drop us a message. thanks.

Well Chris, that list of hotels ready to go as soon as they get electric power should answer a lot of questions for people coming to Belize and for those wondering about whether or not to book. That's great news!

I feel badly that you lost the house, but sure am glad about that premium payment. Wish you well. Hang in there.

All the best,
**Jim

**Jim
Chris,

That's good news about at least those hotels.

I notice you put Mata Chica on the list. I've seen reports that Mata Chica's thatch cabanas were severely damaged. Not true?

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 289 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.