Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
cozdiva Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Hello everyone. I'm new to Belize travel and want to pick your brains! I've used the Cozumel travel board a lot and have been there many times so I know how irritating some questions can be. First, we are considering visiting Caye Caulker and staying at the Iquana Reef Inn. We are divers and really only require AC, a decent view from the room and some decent food and of course, great diving! After the research I've done, this seems to fit our bill! I've also gotten a quote of $495 p/p out of Dallas for the air which has gone down from $534 in the last week. Should I book now for a May trip (on the air) or should I take a chance and hope is goes down? I just don't see great deals to Belize like I do Cozumel and I'm not sure what to expect. Any input, info or advise will be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!

Ask "Barb" on this board. She was in the chat room yesterday, and mentioned a special being run by American Airlines. She a travel agent and lots of people on the board think she's great.
Barb, are you out there????
Debbie

B
B
yes, I think barb said it is a rate from Dallas to Belize City for less than $300...I think. Please don't quote me, but it was a very good rate...American Airlines.
We love Cozumel also. Go there often.

C
cozdiva Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I saw Barb's post on the airfare but I thought is said only for travel through November. Barb, if you read this, I'd love your input! Thanks.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
i think her email is barbsbelize.com or something like that. you can do a search for her on this board and she has posted it many times.

C
C
You might want to dive out of A.C.- San Pedro
in May or southern Belize, Placencia...
I understand that Caye Caulker suffered
quite a bit of hurricane damage with lack
of necessities, A.C. ,etc. Check with
Sunbreeze Hotel in San Pedro or Corona Del
Mar...Helen and Woody are great and can
arrange anything...tell em Charri recommended
them! Enjoy...love Belize, going for many
years, etc.

I think you will like Caye Caulker. It is much smaller than Coz, but far, far, far, far, far less touristy. The Iguana Reef Inn was damaged by Keith but should be back in shape soon. It is a very nice place, probably the nicest on this budget island, though it is on the back side of the island rather than on the sea side.

I would think you can do a lot better than $495 out of Dallas. Fares to Belize are higher than to Coz or Cancun, but DFW is an American gateway to BZE, so keep checking for deals.

--Lan Sluder
Belize First Magazine http://www.turq.com/belizefirst/

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
C
cozdiva Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Thanks everyone for your advise. I found Barb's web site and have also emailed her. One more question, does Tropical Paradise have a web site? I've tried several searches, all to no avail.

K
K
Try Bestfares.com. Now offering East coast to Belize City for $409. Must be lower from Texas. Also here are 2 companies that specialize in Latin America fares: RA-Travel (1-800-788-0777). MeAgain/Travel (1-800-556-3114). I purchased my tic for under $500. with all taxes out of Philadelphia. Looking forward to flight in 6 days, don't think it will be my last.

C
cozdiva Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Thanks - I'll give them a call! Enjoy your trip - I'm jealous and I've never even been!
Where are you staying? I noticed there was mention made that Iquana Reef Inn was on the back side of the island. I'm trying to locate places to stay that are on the other side. Any suggestions? Most web sites just say in Caye Caulker, not where they are located other than 5 minutes from town, etc...

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 291 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.