Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
OP Offline
S
If you read my last question on construction at Captain Morgan's you may get a kick out of this question.
I am looking for access to e-mail while I am in AC. I figure I will check my messages the first day or two but I am counting on Belize to help me forget about work after that. Where can I check e-mail on AC? I can not contact the two places that are advertised on the web. I only need access to the web.
I would also like to e-mail my digital pictures home and to friends and family while I am on AC. All I need is a computer with e-mail and a 3 1/4" floppy.
Any ideas??

There's a cyber cafe right across the street from Fido's. Great service, reasonable rates.

B
B
Re the Inet cafes--
The one with the full bar on the beach side of Front St. (Coconets) was quicker
then the other that is 40 ft South and on the West side of the street (free cookies and
coffee to bide the time while stuff loads)

They both seemed rather slow to me. I am a spoiled brat as I've got cable net service at home. Non the less - patience is required to use the puters on the Caye.

S
OP Offline
S
With the slow access should I plan on not sending my pictures back via e-mail? I to have a wideband line into my home. It's nice till I get on my laptop that is still a 56K speed demon.

Server is slow...but not that slow.

You can do email.....surf the web....send email....send pics....use instant messengers, etc.

Two places...
CyberCoffee....on Front St. across the street from the back entrance of Fido's Courtyard....not far from the Catholic Church.

and...

Coconets Internet Cafe and Bar.
a little farther south on Front Street....on the east side of the street next to Manelly's Ice Cream Parlor.

Both have about the same rates.

I personally like the environment and the gourmet coffees and bar drinks at Coconets.

Just a personal preference.

P
P
What are the rates for internet / e-mail access?

P
P
What are the rates for internet / e-mail access?

This is the avg......and doesn't include any specials they may have....

$5 bz for the first 15 minutes....and about $.30 bz a minute thereafter. Works out to about $20 bz an hour....or $10 us.

If you print something....that is usually extra.....charged by the page.

When you go.....ask if they have any specials going on.

Hope this helps! [Linked Image]

P
P
Thanks!

-john

D
D
Cable modems? What will they think up next? A real phone bill that you can pay and then not be cut off? LOL.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 319 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.