Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
i have never recommended bringing small children to the island. now, it looks like i may be. has anyone done it? are there local teens or grandmas who will babysit for $$?? do they let 6 year olds snorkel with mom & dad?

hubby says he will only return this year if we bring the kids, ages 4 & 6. he is a great dad. however, i need a vacation!!

K
K
Hi Jane,
I just had to get in on this one. I have two kids. I took them to AC last May. They are a little bit older than yours. Dan and Emily were 6 and 10 at the time. They did great! We took day diving trips and did not take the kids. We hired one of the great maids at the Palms to spend the day with the kids. (Obviously it was her day off). I think we paid her about $40.00 US for the day. - Don't remember exactly, but we were all happy with the arrangement. The kids had so much fun with her. I think if you just ask around at whatever place you stay, you will find someone who would be happy to sit for the kids. You know how that goes there, someone you know and trust will know someone you can trust. Did that make sense???. . . Wow, and it's only Monday. Anyway, we also took the kids snorkeling to Mexico Rocks and Hol Chan. That was so exciting for them! My son even took the resort dive course and did a 28 foot dive with me! Imagine that! That was at Ramon's. They called all over the place looking for the right person for the job. Someone who was a PADI instructor (they were the only one's able to do 10 year olds then), and his divemaster was terrific with him. I know your kids are too young for that, but I guess my point is that there shouldn't be any trouble at all with your kids and sitters/snorkeling or whatever. Bring your video camera! This past trip (a couple weeks ago), I didn't have the kids with me. It was a great get-away, of course, but I really missed them ! They had so much fun in Belize. Shorts and Barefeet - kids fit right in! I say - If you don't take them on your next trip, you should definately take them sometime. It's a great experience for them to see how people live in a different part of the world. Loads of fun.

Jen

Kruman
D
D
I agree, take the kids. We took our kids for the first time when my youngest was 4. She loved it. Our sons were 6 and 9. They had a blast. We stayed at Ramon's and they just about had the run of the property. Take them, they will have a great time.

diver0059
K
K
Well said!

Jen

(I tend to ramble on, don't I?!)

Kruman
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
thanks guys. we have been considering taking a college age neice who minors in spanish. she has also never travelled.

jen - i very much appreciate hearing of the sitters, and that you were comfortable with them. i love this board!!!

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
we are now considering taking a college student neice of frank's. i think it would be a wonderful experience for her, and we could still party!

S
S
I brought my 4-year old son for 3 months, and he loved it. We later returned to stay. My son knows more people, of ALL ages, than I ever will. Let your kids get to know the other kids, and they'll find plenty in common. Being unable to swim would be the only thing that might cause some concern. Have fun.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
thanks sue. my kids can swim. the 4 yr old need water wings, but my 6 yr old can snorkel pretty well in my pool. she is amazed by the prospect of touching a ray! my little one will have no problem charming the pants off everyone.

B
B
Jane,

You shouldn't have any problem taking your kids snorkeling. I would suggest they use a snorkel vest though, just to be safe. We just took 18 adults and kids on an all day snorkel trip (only 8 adults the rest were children under age 9). They had a blast. Yes there are some people you can hire to watch your kids, contact us at: [email protected] and we can help.

Barefoot Watersports

A
A
Hi Jane!!

I just got back on Sunday:-(
Details once I recover.....

One of my favorite pictures is of 5 or 6 children on vacation building a sand castle with just as many local kids. I got them all to pose for me and they were so excited to gather together infront of their masterpiece. These kids were having a great time and their parents were having a good time hanging out at the bar!! AND-- I can't tell you how much I loved watching the expressions on the kids faces when they were talking about petting a shark. A trip to the mainland one day to go to the zoo might be a thought too.

I can answer ALL of the questions we were talking about on the other board as I now have first hand knowledge;-)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 318 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.