Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#40607 06/09/01 03:49 PM
D
OP Offline
D
Cave tubing? Has anyone done this? Is it worth the money? By the way, short of emailing the tour companies for prices, I haven't been able to find rates. Does anyone know the price range for this activity?

This will be my first trip to AC and I want to make it worth my money. Aside from the obvious diving and snorkeling, I have heard many suggestions on "must do's", and have narrowed my choices down. I was hoping though, that some of you might be able to list your opinion in order of importance.

Kayaking on the lagoon side?
Manatee watching trip?
Lamanai or Altun Ha tour?
Cave Tubing?
Catamaran to Caye Caulker?
Any musts that I missed?

Any and all opinions would helpful. Thank you! [Linked Image]

#40608 06/09/01 07:59 PM
we did the cave tubing and loved it!! But it was about 3 trips ago, don't recall the prices..but it was worth it! A BIT physical,. hiked w/tube through jungle, did the cave, then hiked/swam part of the river, Monkey River, I THINK? Last part was optional. I personally don't care about the ruins, but we did go to Altun Ha. Enjoyable. Other than that, just be sure you go to the marine park, Shark/Stingray Alley, snorkel/dive as much of the reef as you can...Mexico Rocks etc..We have a good personal friend take us out, if you'd like to hook up w/him, let us know....he takes people fishing mostly, but always takes us "out" for our water related stuff, name is Hilly Boo. (Gilbert) You staying in BZ or on AC?? Most people are disappointed w/manatee watching?? They are not real social creatures, at times none are seen. We,ve come across one when we were out w/Hilly Boo..he has a very good eye for this! I for sure would have missed it. And, how long will you be there?

[This message has been edited by rickcheri (edited 06-09-2001).]

#40609 06/10/01 09:10 AM
all your choices were rad, do them all....
here's some info on cave tubing: //AmbergrisCaye.com/pages/town/article8.html
//AmbergrisCaye.com/pages/town/cavetubing.html

LINKS:

http://www.belizex.com/davidstours.htm , David's Adventure Tours - Barton Creek Cave Tour from San Ignacio.

http://www.cavesbranch.com , Ian Anderson's CAVES BRANCH Jungle Lodge - is centered in the privately owned 58,000 acre Caves Branch Estate beneath the 100 foot rainforest canopy and along side the turquoise waters of the Caves Branch river where pristine jungle, wildlife and adventure surrounds you. They specialize in caving trips - all
levels from let's just walk through a cave to rappelling, etc. They also
have a jungle camp with lodging for their trip members.

http://www.chriskuhar.com/belize - Belize 2000 - recent trip to Caves Branch- requires Flash plugin

[This message has been edited by Marty (edited 06-10-2001).]

#40610 06/10/01 12:28 PM
D
OP Offline
D
Marty - Thanks for the links. I especially enjoyed the last one [Linked Image]

Rickcheri - We will be on AC for 7 days during the first or second week of November.

This is not my first time hearing that the Manatee trip can be disappointing, so that activity has taken its place at the bottom of our list. I am sure this trip is an incredible one if you see many manatee and dolphins, but I think I will splurge on more lobster dishes with the money I save missing this trip [Linked Image]

Although I have heard that the Lamanai trip is long and "arduous", I am more interested in the river ride and jungle hike portions of the trip than the actual ruins anyway. The bus part doesn't thrill me much though, I have heard it can be painfully bumpy. shocked

One more question. How is the creature viewing at Mexico Rocks? Are there lots of fish to be seen?

#40611 06/11/01 09:13 AM
Lamanai isn't arduous, its awesome!
just go! the bus ride isn't long, and you see stuff you wouldn't see otherwise.. I love the trip myself.

and LOTS of animal life around Mexico Rocks...a

nd kayaking the back side is dreamboat city...

[This message has been edited by Marty (edited 06-11-2001).]

#40612 06/11/01 10:20 AM
S
S
Desert Fever, If you can wait a couple days, I'll be posting my trip report. Just got back last night. Stayed at Caves Branch a couple of nights and did 2 trips (Cave tubing/Exploration & Black Hole Drop). I'll say this now.....AWESOME!!!!! I'll give details on the trip report. Sharon

#40613 06/11/01 01:13 PM
D
OP Offline
D
Thanks Marty!! You have been so helpful -always posting answers to my many questions. [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Sharon -
Looking forward to reading that trip report!! [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

#40614 06/12/01 10:20 AM
Shaygray: What will you call your trip report. I am doing Ian Anderson' too in Nov and the same excursions. I can't wait to read your report!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 324 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.