Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#43537 08/28/01 05:07 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Hello,

I am interested in adopting a dog when I get to town. My companion Sara, a beautiful Australian Shepard, recently passed away and I miss the company so much!

* Can I do this through SAGA? Are there the same sorts of costs as in the states?

* Would the animal have to be quarantined (and for how long) to bring him/her back to the states after 1 year?

* Do apartment/houses have rules about animals like here in the states?

Thanks for any info

I would email saga, //AmbergrisCaye.com/sagasociety/

is their site, they can help you with this for sure...

Bron/Saga will be delighted for you to adopt a dog. We have recently adopted a beach dog who was found near one of the resorts and she is an absolute delight. She was about 3 months old when we got her - part Rottie, part German Shepherd and probably a bit more! but she is the most good natured dog and gets on fine with the two cats we brought from the UK. A lot of the animals need plenty of TLC as they can be in a bad way when they get to Bron (the Saga website shows how bad some can get) and ours was suffering from mange when we got her but is now fully recovered and absolutely beautiful (not that I am biased !!!)

In answer to your question some (not many) apartments/houses do have rules about pets but most will allow them if you agree to pay or repair any damage caused.

There are no quarantine restrictions into the US providing they are up to date with all their jabs which Bron will provide you with a certificate for, when and if you move back. The only issue would be if you fly back between mid April and mid September as the airlines have an embargo on animals travelling due to the temperatures in the aircraft hold.

I don't know how costs compare with the US for keeping a dog/vet bills etc but they are about the same as in the UK. One tip remember to buy your dog food in large quantities in Belize City and send it over on Tropic or Maya. You will save about $40-50 per sack.

Best of luck

You can email Bron at [email protected] and she will help you.. and yes she has some wonderful dogs that she can hook you up with... Thanks, Rick

S
S
You are more likely to have one adopt you. When I was there in May, my little friend seemed to find me wherever I was. God bless and good luck!

Susan

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.