Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#43785 09/05/01 02:23 PM
B
OP Offline
B
Hi everyone,
I have read and enjoyed all the posts on this board, trying to learn more about Ambergis Caye. My husband and I will be there for one week starting Oct.9th, can't wait !!!!!!! I read a couple of posts of how good the food is at Capricorn. Has anyone stayed at their beach front cabanas yet? We haven't booked our stay there yet, wondering if it's not too far from town. Any suggestions for other somewhat quiet and nice places to stay would be really appreciated. Thanks!

#43786 09/05/01 03:23 PM
M
M
It is pretty far from town in fact, definitely not walking distance. we stayed at Victoria House, which is two miles south of town and I know we had to take a water taxi and it was a fairly long trip. Beautiful spot, very private...great, but very expensive food.

#43787 09/05/01 04:14 PM
I've always thought the emphasis at Capricorn was more on the restaurant than the cabanas. The co-owner built the cabanas, and I think they are fine, but it's definitely not a resort atmosphere.

From Capricorn, you would normally take a water taxi to town. You can drive a golf cart, crossing over the little hand-pulled ferry, but the ferry doesn't run after dark.

There's not too much nearby -- just Captain Morgan's, a palapa bar, Sweet Basil's.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
#43788 09/05/01 04:49 PM
L
L
When I was there in May, I ate at Capricorn and saw their beachfront cabanas (not inside). I felt they were too close to the restaurant. Capricorn seems to be definitely more of an eating establishment. The grounds are stunning.

#43789 09/06/01 01:23 PM
R
R
Ramon's Village has thatch hut cabanas and is located right on the edge of San Pedro. Great atmosphere.

Renea www.belize-vacations.com

Renea
#43790 09/06/01 02:23 PM
B
OP Offline
B
Thanks so much for the replies to my question about Capricorn. It does sound a bit out of the way with not too many places to walk to. Then I heard the mosquitos will eat you alive on the north end of the island...Yiiiikes!!!!! They would feast on me for sure! So now we're looking at Victoria House, their website looks awsome. Has anyone stayed there that could give a review? ( I now dream about Ambergis Caye every night. Last night I layed on a pool deck and the waiter brought me a cold beer.... hmmm... not bad) Is it time to pack yet??? :-)

#43791 09/06/01 04:52 PM
N
N
We stayed at Victoria House on our wedding night and loved it! I wish we could have had the opportunity to stay longer. I think that someday we will go back without the big group and relax in one of their cabanas. The staff there is wonderful. The food is fabulous. The pool is right on the beach with chairs that sit down in the water so you don't get too hot. I think Victoria House would be a great choice!

#43792 09/06/01 05:24 PM
B
B
Barefoot Girl
If you are planning on spending alot of time in town eating, partying etc... You want to be on the South side of the cut. This will avoid the hand-pulled ferry and quite likely water taxis etc. We just returned from Morgans. I did not think that getting a water taxi to go to town would be a big deal, however, it really became a pain in the butt.

Have fun!

#43793 09/06/01 06:13 PM
KC Offline
I have stayed North of San Pedro twice this year, and have yet to see a mosquito. Not only does it have to do with the time of year, but if you are walking through jungle (mosquito heaven) or on the sand/beach where there is 24/7 breeze.

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
#43794 09/07/01 11:00 AM
M
M
We stayed at Victoria House in December and it was awesome! Couldn't have been happier unless perhaps the food was a little better and a little less expensive. The pool is amazing...i still go to their website from time to time just to remember...ah...love...

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 287 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.