Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Shyne confirmed his determination to get to work on his new album this month after recruiting producer Shawty Redd to assist on the project. Redd reportedly flew out to Belize so the two could begin work on the long-awaited LP. Now, producer Scott Storch has revealed to AllHipHop that he will also help construct Shyne's forthcoming masterpiece.

In a recent interview, Storch revealed that he plans to produce a number of tracks on the new album. The Miami-based producer said that the collaboration should come as no surprise, as he has maintained a relationship with Shyne throughout his years in prison.

"Shyne's my man. I've been talking to him and I was talking to him all through his prison sentence. He's always remained a loyal person to me," Storch said. He explained that he initially befriended Shyne during his previous jail bid in 1999, for a shooting incident. "We became friends after he was already in [jail] and I found out he was a fan and he's just a hell of a cool guy," he said. "I'm looking forward to doing, not just one record, but doing a chunk on his album."

Storch has produced records for several artists including The Game, Dr. Dre and Fat Joe, but his recent battle with cocaine addiction has sent his career on a downward spiral. Shyne's album will include one of the first projects since Storch has regained a hold on his career. Shyne's album, his first in ten years, will be released in 2010.

Ambergris Today

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Shyne's First Track Since Prison Released

When news broke that Shyne (son of Belize Prime Minister Dean Barrow) was released from jail, anticipation for his return to the mic reached a fever pitch. Now three months since he got his freedom papers to Belize, the first track featuring the man's voice we've been waiting nearly nine years to hear has surfaced. Compliments of DJ Khaled's Victory album, Shyne returns alongside Akon and Movado for “All My Life.” Listen to a muffled Shyne making his return by clicking the arrow.

(from hiphopwired.com)

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
[Linked Image]

Rapper Shyne has reportedly made his return to Def Jam Records as sources are now claiming the former Bad Boy Records artist has inked a contract deal.

According to hip-hop personality Miss Info, Shyne has returned to the label responsible for releasing his 2004 album, Godfather Buried Alive.
Multiple sources have confirmed that Shyne Po has signed a 7-figure deal with Def Jam.* This ends a bidding war that had industry bigwigs vying for Shyne's attention, flying to Belize, calling and courting, ever since the Brooklyn emcee was released from prison and deported to Belize back in October. As for the logistics, the plan is for Shyne to work out of London, it's a buzzing hip hop hub with all the necessary facilities. Oh, and about that first verse which appeared on an early DJ Khaled album leak (and is allegedly scratched from the final tracklisting)...We're hearing that Shyne didn't intend that verse to be his first look. After nearly a decade inside, he's allowed a little time to figure out what direction he'll take.

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Shyne Attracts Major Execs To Belize

Shyne’s highly anticipated release from his 9yr bid in October 2009 marked a favorable time for the rapper… yet one filled with setbacks. Shyne’s immediate deportation back to his hometown Belize had many in the hip hop community wondering if the rapper could put his career in motion once again.

L.A Reid’s recent visit with the rapper is proof that the rapper has no plans on letting his setbacks slow down his hustle. The successful music executive flew into Belize to discuss Shyne’s partnership with Island Def Jam and Shyne’s Gangland Records. There have been many reports claiming that the partnership will land the rapper a seven-figure deal. Either way this a great look for the rapper, a sign of glistening hope that we will be hearing from him in the near future.

With two albums under his belt, SHYNE and Godfather Buried Alive (he managed to drop this album while in prison) Shyne embodies high marketability that many other rappers with a longer resume fail to obtain.

Whether it’s the jail sentence, his gritty edge or his gangsta-laced lyrics, Shyne has managed to build an illustrious aura around him that has many still interested despite his long hiatus.

Though some things have changed since we last seen the Brooklyn emcee (i.e the state of hip-hop, and his name) one thing remains the same and that’s his hunger to make music. The very same hunger that’s attracting recent collabs with many heavy weights, like DJ Khaled and Swizz Beatz.

You know the saying diamonds are made under pressure well Shyne is definitely living proof of that.

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (JayinOhio), 127 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.