Javier Francisco Arceo

Mayor Daniel Guerrero, the San Pedro Town Council and Staff would like to extend its deepest condolences to the Arceo family & friends on the passing of Mr. Francisco Arceo, better known as "Don Fashico". Don Fashico was a true pioneer in the development of San Pedro, from its fishing village days to what it is now. May he rest in Peace.

Obituary: Javier Francisco Arceo

Javier Francisco Arceo, Don Fashico but the name that fit you best of all our Tati.

Tati no hay sufficiente palabras para decirle cuanto lo quiero.

I am fortunate to be raised by a most admirable man who made sure to be that one constant in my life to nurture me, watch me grow and to cheer me on in whatever I did. My Tati Fash will forever hold a place in my heart.

The countless early morning fishing trip to the trampas that I was so fortunate to be allowed to go on. Being thrown into the middle of your fish trap by Tio Galento upon your command. Playing in your boat la Monica amazed at the fish all the way up to my knees. I can still hear Mama Vilma Scolding me to go bathe while I felt so proud to witness and be part of that special lifestyle and club you were part of.

I will miss our conversations of your childhood days on the island with your mom. The fishing stories that no one could ever measure up to. Sitting and listening to you as you predict the weather by simply looking out on the horizon. The look on your face as you talked about your children and all their accomplishments is one that I will not forget. I give you thanks Tati for being very honest with me and telling me about the bad times as well as the good times and I want you to know dad that to your grandchildren you were the best fisherman and the most perfect granddad that we could've asked for.

Sleepovers at casa fighting each other to be able to sleep under your hammock closest to you. Wishing that coins would drop out of your pocket. Fighting with Tia Patty to see whos back got scratched first. I am sure All my primas and primos remember waiting for you to come home for breakfast after fishing just to have you mix our coffee tea and make sure no bones were in our fish Mama had served. All the Friday nights walking by the park as you sat chatting with your friends and making sure to stop for a dollar or two on our way out with our friends. Papa no se como hiciste que todos nos sintieramos como su mas consentido.

Tati gracias por ser mi fiel consejero, por escucharme cuando mas lo necesite. Por nunca dudar de mi y por quererme uncondicionalmente. Used Siempre Vivira papa porque nosotros seguiremos contando las gran historias de el legendario Don Fash. Our granpa, touched so many lives during his fishing time, that it would take a book to acknowledge all the that he cared for or shared a moment with him. There are so many stories to say about you as a fisherman, as a San Pedrano Pillar, as a friend, as father, as grandfather and we all lived it with you.

You lived a beautiful life Papa ,you touched the life of many and adopted many others as one of your own children. Yesterday when asked how much kids you had I can see your gesture to the nurse clearly 12. Papa Fash, your children, Tavo, Neria (+), Mercie, Pany, Shelly, Susan, Omar, Martha, Vicky, Elito, Lisa & Patty, and his boys, the Leslie's, Martin, Billy, Charlie, Gerald, Wilito and his "Little Sister" Tia Martita, grandchildren & great-granchildren, nieces & nephews will forever cherish in our hearts what a great man u were, a Fishing Legend of San Pedro.

The Arceo Family would like to thank, Dr. Giovanni Solorzano, Dr. Daniel Gonzalez & Dra. Renae Reasa for all the 24/7 attention, to all of our families and friends that were with Papa Fash. Jeff and Mama are happy to have you with them and so are all of us. Hasta Siempre mi viejo! Javier Francisco Arceo Sr, you did it "A Mi Manera, Viejo Mi Querido Viejo!" God Bless you and May Our Lord have you in His Glory! Gracias Don Fashico