Rojo Poison Cocktail at Rojo Lounge on Ambergris Caye, Belize

It’s Friday and that means a couple things — a new edition of #FriFotos on Twitter and the weekend is here so time to enjoy some adult beverages! This week’s edition is conveniently — cocktails! It’s the perfect excuse to feature the newest cocktail I tried — Rojo Poison. It’s a signature drink at Rojo Lounge (now called Rojo Beach Bar) on the island of Ambergris Caye in Belize.

This amazing creation features Chinese chilies, fresh ginger, a trio of rums, some local ginger wine, fresh juice and probably a few other secret ingredients. The Rojo Poison�has several noticeable layers of spice from the fresh ginger and the Chinese chili peppers. It gets sweetness from the fresh juice and a nice kick from the trio of rums.

Thanks to my friend, and Rojo Lounge’s talented bartender Findley, who recommended this signature cocktail — definitely one I want to try again!

Rojo Lounge aka Rojo Beach Bar is located north of the bridge on the island of Ambergris Caye. It’s a bit of a bumpy haul in a golf cart, especially after a rainy day, or you can save your back and take the water taxi, which will drop you off right at the bar! Take note, Rojo Lounge is closed Sunday and Monday.�

Our Tasty Travels