Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
Molly Malone's at the Hotel (Tres Cocos) re-opened Friday. John did a report on his blog about it, �

The bar, which is situated on the ground floor (road level) of the Hotel first opened on 17 March 2012 but regrettably closed around six weeks later with the rooms of the Hotel never having a paying guest. And it had remained that way until yesterday. The Mary Celeste of hotels/bars you might say. That is until Bruno Nobrega and his partner Diana rented the bar and the Hotel.

Bruno and Diana came to Belize from Namibia (Bruno being born in Lisbon,Portugal) and lived on the mainland before finding their perfect business opportunity - the Hotel. The re-opening of the bar, Molly Malone's, being phase one of the project.

So what's the place like you're thinking.

Well it's very reminiscent of bars in the UK and, not surprisingly, Southern Ireland (and I have had the pleasure - if I recall correctly- of visiting quite a few). It's got a comfortable (like its always been there) type of feel about the place.

Entrance to Molly Malone's from the foyer of the Hotel.

The bar is really spacious with plenty of seating both inside

Click here to read the rest of the article and see more photos in the "Building a New Life" Blog

This is such good news. I will definitely take some friends there this week. I hope the hot dogs are all beef!
The guys around here refer to it as "The Ghost Hotel." It will be good to see it being used.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
R
R
I was there on their opening day and it is a very nice place. Of course I was also there on the opening of the original business and that did not work out too well. (That was kind of predictable because it was a long way from being ready for an opening at the time.)

The present owners are very nice and I wish them the very best. Prices are reasonable, the bar area real clean and certainly more like the "Irish" Boston bars that I'm used to. There really is no comparison to anything that comes to my mind in San Pedro. Not that I don't like the San Pedro style.

I was even thinking of stopping for a quick one tonight on my way back from BBQ and beers at Caribbean Villa but my partner vetoed that idea and my dog even looked at me strange and let me know that it was pass his suppertime. 2 to 1 I lost.

Jim
Formerly from somewhere on a beach in Belize

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 133 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,198
Posts500,015
Members20,458
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.