Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Over the Christmas holidays, residents observed long lines at the Bowen and Bowen distribution center in southern San Pedro Town. Businesses and residents alike were lined up to get their stock of Belikin beer. However, many residents were not happy, as the purchasing of Belikin beer was limited and strictly for businesses only. Residents are stating that this is a yearly occurrence, which Bowen and Bowen has yet to address.

At the end of last month, many establishments complained about product shortages, poor service and lack of response from Belize's Bowen and Bowen Limited. The complaints expressed by many customers range from the long waiting lines, to the lack of one or more products bottled by the company. In the few days after the holidays, there was also a shortage of Lighthouse Lager and regular Belikin beer on the island, and some businesses were forced to turn down patrons seeking the Belizean beverage. Businesses that depend on Bowen and Bowen for product believe that the company just doesn't have the supplies necessary to meet a high demand.

After hearing multiple complaints from several residents and businesses, The San Pedro Sun contacted Bowen and Bowen for answers. The person at the sales center was unable to provide any information regarding the situation, but directed us to a senior member of the department. That member has not responded to our calls.

Click here to read the rest of the article and see more photos in the San Pedro Sun

R
R
This is ridiculous and the second year of in a row that it is difficult to find Beliken beer in a grocery store. Barry must be rolling over in his grave. I haven't been by Bowen & Bowen but last year I couldn't buy a Beliken there and I think it is the same this year. Not that I drink many any more but still.

Jim
Formerly from somewhere on a beach in Belize
We try to work around the shortages.. We are happily suffering through this as we enjoy white sand beaches, Caribbean blue waters and a peaceful existence......Unfortunately the shortage is year round ....Every month there is an issue....We contacted the phone number printed in the last issue of the San Pedro Sun.....A Belize City Bowen rep told us we did not make an order that's why we did not receive product.....Our San Pedro Rep then began to print us out order receipts even though there was no product......When we contacted the main office again with our undelivered receipt orders we were told they would call us right back......That was last May. Nonetheless we understand how difficult it is to run any business, particularly one in the Caribbean..... Whatever will be, will be...... smile

My friends call me Judyann

www.blackorchidrestaurant.com

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 95 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.