Made this yesterday.... yummmmm... I halved the total amount, tweaked the spicing, and seriously increased the amount of Durkee over the original recipe which can be found here ...

[Linked Image]

A classic recipe complete with Ms. Mildred's secret ingredient...Durkee's Famous Sauce, a popular tangy sandwich spread has been around for over 100 years! It was even served in the Lincoln White House!

Ingredients

2.5 pound bag of red potatoes
2 boiled eggs
6 tablespoons of Durkee's Famous Sauce
2 stalks of celery
3 oz (little less than half a cup) of mayo
3 oz onion
1/3 cup sweet salad cubes, or pickle relish
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper

Method

Peel and dice the potatoes Bring salted water to a boil in a large stock pot. Toss the potatoes into the boiling water. Boil until tender, approximately 11-12 minutes. Chill in cold bath to stop the cooking.

While the potatoes are boiling, bring a smaller sauce pan of water to a boil. Boil eggs. Once the eggs are done, take them out of the water and set them aside.

Finely dice onion
Dice celery
Peel the boiled eggs

Once the potatoes are done cooking, drain them in a colander and then transfer to a large mixing bowl.

Add sweet salad cubes (or sweet pickle relish) to the potatoes.
Add Durkees
Add mayo
Add onions
Dice the eggs or use a cheese grater to add in the eggs.
Add Salt and pepper

Once all of your ingredients have been added to the potatoes, use a large spoon to incorporate everything. It's important to mix from the bottom of the bowl. Be sure not to over mix or the spuds turn into mashed potatoes.

Refrigerate to keep cool.

(Note: the original recipe says to mix all when spuds are hot, but mixing hot potatoes with mayo gives me the heebie jeebies, so i chill the spuds then mix everything cold.)