Traveling through Belize over these past two and a half months have given me countless cultural experiences, jungle adventures, and rich Maya culture knowledge. But, in addition to those, I've had a few lighthearted laughs and curious dumb-face looks with many of Belize's traffic and street signs. I've seen countless of these unique and funny signs all around the country, and here are some of the ones I've been able to capture:

Funny Signs in Belize

Caye Caulker - According to "oral history", there's a Dachshund dog (you know, the one with the hot dog shape) in Caye Caulker that belonged to an old woman who passed away some years ago. Still to this day, the dog can be seen crossing Caye Caulker's main street.

Funny Signs in Belize

Caye Caulker - "En cada relacion usa condon" (Use a condom in each relationship). Near the airport, there's this one wild desolate place between the mangroves where apparently people go to "shag". I guess the people in Caye Caulker want to implant some moral conscience with this sign, while still letting you have some fun!

Funny Signs in Belize

Caye Caulker - Seriouly, I wanted to die when I saw this speed bump sign. Guess where the bump is? It's the "huge" rope ahead on the road! Seriously, it is barely felt when you go over it. Well, I guess when a golf cart is the biggest vehicle in town; a rope speed bump is a big deal!

Caye Caulker - By now you must have noticed that Caye Caulker is the king of funny signs. This one is next to the airport, and FYI, it's a serious sign! Do they really bounce like that?!

Funny Signs in Belize

Caye Caulker - If I couldn't mock enough Caye Caulker's golf carts with the previous sign, this one definitely takes it one step further. Seriously, how fast can you drive on a golf cart? And yes, it's true; there are two cemeteries, and no hospital.

Funny Signs in Belize

Toledo - Did you know that Belize has many Mennonite communities? I was surprised, and honestly very disoriented, when I first saw a community of Mennonites there. They are spread all throughout the country and many of them still follow the traditional Mennonite lifestyle.

Funny Signs in Belize

Placencia - Like in Caye Caulker, Placencia's airport has a street crossing through the end of the airstrip. While the only airplanes that land here are small Cessnas, you still won't want them to land on your car roof, right?

Funny Signs in Belize

San Pedro - I think this one is pretty self-explanatory.

Funny Signs in Belize

Cockscomb Wildlife Sanctuary - If you see one, keep your hands and feet inside the car! It's very rare to see a Jaguar in the wild, especially during daylight, as they are nocturnal animals. Though, it would be really cool to see one.

Funny Signs in Belize

Punta Gorda - Chicken of the sea?

So far, my favorite signs are the ones in Caye Caulker. They truly show their "go slow" attitude towards life.

Globotreks.com