Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#378717 05/31/10 11:30 AM
N
OP Offline
N
Marty, what program do you use to give the photos the look of being paintings? The photos are beautiful to start with but the effect of being a painting is just outstanding.

Hi Nancy, i often do it with a pic that isn't quite right. like a lil washed out or something. not always tho. sometimes i start playing around with totally normal pics....

I use the Topaz software. http://www.topazlabs.com/ photoshop plugins...

my son in law Jacob does high end advertising work, and a spectacular photographer recommended it to him and i have been playing with it ever since. I have the whole set. topaz adjust and topaz simplify i use a LOT. topaz detail quite a bit. clean and denoise have their own special times. with crappy pixelated stuff.

but i often begin with topaz adjust's "adjust exposure"
then peek at a "photo pop"
then start playing. if the detail is missing, i'll use topaz detail.

topaz simplify is awesome.
//AmbergrisCaye.com/photogallery/100318.html
//AmbergrisCaye.com/photogallery/100319.html

simplify has a few painting presets, but i usually need to tweak those a bit to get the right sized "brushstroke look" sorta. you can see the detail slip away and come back as you play with the sliders.

in topaz adjust there is a "spicify" preset that can really be something
used it here:
//ambergriscaye.com/photogallery/100316.html
//AmbergrisCaye.com/photogallery/100315.html
top picture here //AmbergrisCaye.com/photogallery/100304.html

but its USUALLY too much. takes a certain pic to handle that much spice i guess! luckily in photoshop you can re-apply a percentage of the filter after you undo one. so you can see what it does, undo, then give it whatever% of the whole dose.

its a lot of fun. also good for pics say that you only have small, and need a bigger one. blow it up, it gets crappy, but then run denoise to clean it up a bit then run simplify and it really takes the crap away and gives you a nice slightly posterized picture

like this:
//AmbergrisCaye.com/photogallery/100208.html

lotsa fun tho. makes for some cool paintings on the wall for clients that have a nice photo of their place. turn it into a painting and put a nice one on the wall...

Marty #378731 05/31/10 12:51 PM
Wow!now this is some good info. thanks

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
[Linked Image]
photoshop play

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
pwetty boidie

Marty #378750 05/31/10 05:51 PM
N
OP Offline
N
Wow Marty! Thanks for all that wonderful info. I always checkout the before and after versions and man-o-man I'd be happy with the before ones.

I am trying to teach myself how to use my 40D Canon but I'm a slow learner. LOL
You'd think that in Dallas there would be severa camera clubs but the only thing I can find is a Meet-up group. Really nice folks but most of the meetings are so far away.

Thanks again.

D
D
Good info Marty, thanks.

K
K
I just posted some nice pictures of Ambergris on Associated Content as a slideshow. You can see it here:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/slideshow/57874/images_of_ambergris_caye_belize.html?cat=16

Enjoy!
Kim O

Kim O

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 261 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.