Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
A C Offline OP
OP Offline
I swim to the reef here and there and ive been using my diver down bowie. or when i go out to spear i take a kayak. thing is im sick of borrowing kayaks, and prefer the work out of a swim better anyway. what im looking for is some sort of big raft type thing that i can drag behind me on my swims that i can put my pole spears on, some water bottles, extra mask, whatever ya know.

i thought these were called dingys but when i look them up i just see small boats. thats not what im after...

does captain sharks have something like this? ideas?

AC

ps. please save the speeches about swimming to the reef is as dumb as it is dangerous. I know there are boats, i know how to look for them, i know how to make myself visible, i know when and how to swim out so that they can see me easily, and ive done it dozens of times smile thanks!

P
P
You just want a small inflatable boat. Easy to get, but maybe not here.

S
S
Sharks has 'em

A C Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Peter Jones
You just want a small inflatable boat. Easy to get, but maybe not here.

maybe i was thinking something more like hard plastic LIKE a kayak, but just a big square ya know? that i could put a flag on or something. Pretty much a kayak raft lol with places to put stuff, or tie stuff to.

AC

C
C
I've medevaced 2 out, 1 lost a leg and more, the other died. They knew what they were doing also.

Get a boat!

A C Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by cracked up
I've medevaced 2 out, 1 lost a leg and more, the other died. They knew what they were doing also.

Get a boat!

I new someone wasn't going to be able to resist. I appreciate your concern and u obviously have some real experience with the subject. But, I want a boat about as much as i want a golf kart. I swim for the workout as much as the scenery and fishing when i get to the reef. People die in boats too. People die scuba diving, and doing every other fun thing you or i could imagine. I know there are risks with swimming out there and i accept them. Im an adult and know what im doing, including how dangerous it can end up being.

So anyway... Sharks has what im looking for?

AC

http://www.boatstogo.com/FishingBoats.asp you probably want one of these.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
S
S
I want one of these:
[Linked Image]

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

K
K
Why don't you get the biggest hunk of styrofoam you can find, shave it a bit so it'll tow easier, and hollow out a place to carry your gear.

Flyfishing my way through mid-life crisis.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 120 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.