Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
Dear Middle Island Neighbors -

Today was contacted by Tammy Peterson (longtime resident of Tres Cocos area) about a beach & road clean program she's promoting - it is scheduled for SATURDAY, May 7.

To get the big push done, we are asking ALL residents and businesses to get out and clean up --- clean your yard or clean somebody else's - clean your beach or a vacant stretch nearby - pick up that rusty AC unit along the road and get rid of it---- don't worry for now about who put it there - just get rid of it. Let me know if you are participating so that we can be sure the trash pick-up comes to your property.
The Indigo crew has already started a 1+ mile stretch of beach - from lot 29 Mata Grande, south to Journey's End. I'll send you some before and after photos, and hope that you will do the same for whatever area you commit to!

Every bit of trash you pick up from wherever is a step forward. It's about health, the environment, ambience and our economy - we simply can't afford not to do it.

Thanks
MINS

Read below .........

May 7th Clean Up

Hello,

This is a reminder about the clean up scheduled for Saturday May 7th. We are focusing on the road and the beach BOTH. Please take the time to have caretakers, yourself, yard help, workers, whom ever take a half a day and help us clean up. Things on the road are sometimes over looked due to travel by water but we need to get both cleaned up and kept up. We are asking all resorts to clean from them South to the next resort.

Town Board is bringing the trash truck up to collect all bagged garbage at the road.

Thus far we have Indigo to the bridge.

Please PITCH IN! We need everyone's help.
This is something that will take some time the first time but maintaining daily should be much easier after. A bag and an hour walk daily and we can have things taken care of.

Please let me know what you can do to help.

Thank you in advance.

Tammy

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
The clean up was a great success Saturday!
THANK YOU to everyone that helped. It does make a difference.
We had everyone all the way up to Rojo/Indigo area South to the bridge cleaning up.
Both the road and the beach. It looks great! Again thank you.

NEXT TASK:
I know many of the resorts do not bring guests by road when you bring your guests up the coast to visit, however with the road cleared as it is now and the traffic and taxis allowed over the bridge many tourist are coming up the road and seeing what the back looks like.
Please take a minute and look at what it looks like. Please try to be conscious of what is left back there. Where garbage is left. It reflects on all of us.
Please ask a worker to walk the beach every morning with a trash bag South to the next business and pick up what floats in the night before. Then walk back the road doing the same. It will take an hour tops. Cost of this is a maybe 10.00 BZ dollars a day for a worker to do so. Talk to who lives next to you. Hire someone just for this. Whatever it takes.
This is a huge complaint of the tourist and guests that come to San Pedro. Let's fix it.

I am also asking that resorts/businesses put out a trash can both on the beach and the road so that when the workers/locals are driving by or walking by they have somewhere to put their trash/styrafoam containers, juice containers, water bags, etc. Chain it up so it isn't taken and please dump it daily with your other trash.
"Joker" is coming up by boat and taking garbage away for a minimal fee if you would like his number I can send it to you.

Thanks and have a great day!

Tammy

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 166 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.