Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
A number of cars were burglarized last night just outside the Bliss Institute, while a crowd of unsuspecting patrons inside the theater, watched a Christmas presentation put on by Grace Primary School. Sometime between 6:30 and 9:30 P.M., thieves broke into 3 vehicles and got away with a number of expensive and not so expensive items.

But one item stolen out of a 2001 Toyota Highlander has caused a major setback for the Belize Port Authority. It's a Panasonic Toughbook computer that belongs to the Port and is valued at 13 Thousand dollars, computer and software included!

The acquisition of the expensive software had only recently enabled Port Authorities to conduct their own charting of Belizean waters. The man who had possession of the computer, Michael Anthony Jenkins, Chief Hydrographer for the Port, says the loss will set the Port back by at least one year.

Michael Anthony Jenkins, Chief Hydrographer for the Port
"Last night I was at the Bliss attending a Christmas function for the Grace Primary School, I got there about 6:30 and upon leaving at about 9:30 I realized that there were a few people in distress because they got their work vehicle broken into. The immediate thing came to my mind was that maybe mine too and yes indeed my vehicle was broken into and approximately $13,000.00 worth of valuable things were taken including jewelry, bracelet, ear ring, white gold, a remote control helicopter, a few pieces of personal item's and a laptop. The laptop is what I really and truly would like to get back."

Jim McFadzean
"And why is that?"

"The laptop is used to do hydrographic surveys and I have over three years of data on that computer. Hydrographic work is mainly to chart our seas, so that ships and private yachts can come in and out of our waters safely and Belize has just gotten to the stage where we can do our own surveys and for this to happen, will set us back at least one year."

"I am appealing to the public to please if you see a Panasonic Toughbook to call my number at 635-4667 or get in contact with the Belize Port Authority. And please do not encourage and buy stolen goods if you don't know where it comes from."

Jim McFadzean
"Any special features on the computer that somebody might say oh, this is the Panasonic."

"Ok, the Panasonic is a portable computer, it has a handle so you do not have to put it in a bag, you can hold the laptop in hands so it's easily distinguish from any other computer, I do not see it in the stores to sell so it would be easily seen. Its silver in color and it has big Panasonic on it."

A reward of One Thousand dollars is being offered for any information leading to the recovery of the Panasonic Toughbook computer. You can contact Mr. Jenkins at 635-4667 or reach him at the port authority, or call Crime stoppers at 0-800-922-8477 or 0-800-922-TIPS.

Channel 7

S
S
"Michael Anthony Jenkins, Chief Hydrographer for the Port, says the loss will set the Port back by at least one year."

WTF! No backup?????

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Hydrographer appeals for help in recovering stolen computer

Several people were victims of car theft on Thursday night in Belize City when their vehicles were broken into in front of the Bliss Center for the Performing Arts on Southern Foreshore. One of the victims is Chief Hydrographer Michael Jenkins who stopped by the RSV Media Centre to plea for help in recovering a very important item that was stolen.

Jenkins says that the thief also went with his passport, jewellery, computer software and a remote control helicopter. If you have any information that could lead to the recovery of the stolen items you can call the police of Michael Jenkins at telephone number: 635-4667.

LOVETV

B
B
Sad, sad, sad...

Passport in your car?

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Port's Laptop Recovered

On Friday's newscast you saw Port Authority Hydrographer Michael Jenkins make a hearfelt plea for someone to return his Toughbook laptop. The computer was stolen from his car in front of the Bliss Center on Thursday night. It contains important data for the Port authority - and he offered a thousand dollar reward.

Well, someone did hear his plea and on Saturday, Jenkins got information from someone who said they would return the computer for only seven hundred dollars.

The handover was made and he got the device back in full working condition. But, as we understand it, the computer came not from the hands of criminals, but from a professional who lives near the river - on the north side. This has caused some confusion, since it seems there's a level of collusion between licit and illicit persons.

It appears though that even with that - and the fact that many of the stolen items were not returned - Jenkins is satisfied to leave it be.

Channel 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 372 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.