Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
A NEW THOUGHT FOR THE NEW YEAR.
DON'T RE-ACT - THINK IT OVER.

Legalize marijuana and have it sold only in government operated outlets. Lots of $$$ and flocks of people would come to the island or the country.

Hey - I've never used it - alcohol and cigarettes did everything I needed. But doesn't mean that there aren't others who can handle it.

Since we can't get rid of the dealers/users let's out do them.

We could make it legal to grow and the farmers could market the hemp but sell only the (what's it called?) buds to the outlets who could then charge (multiply the dollars) for it making a handy profit.

If enough money was made, by say the town board, then we could eliminate property taxes.

There probably would even be enough money left over to run rehab centers for that 10% of the population that gets too addicted to function.

We aren't getting anyplace with the way it is.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
T
Tom Offline
T
Been my thought for awhile. You are absolutely right.
I don't use but do know others who do.
Kat

B
B
Originally Posted by ScubaLdy
A NEW THOUGHT FOR THE NEW YEAR.
DON'T RE-ACT - THINK IT OVER.

Legalize marijuana and have it sold only in government operated outlets. Lots of $$$ and flocks of people would come to the island or the country.

Hey - I've never used it - alcohol and cigarettes did everything I needed. But doesn't mean that there aren't others who can handle it.

Since we can't get rid of the dealers/users let's out do them.

We could make it legal to grow and the farmers could market the hemp but sell only the (what's it called?) buds to the outlets who could then charge (multiply the dollars) for it making a handy profit.

If enough money was made, by say the town board, then we could eliminate property taxes.

There probably would even be enough money left over to run rehab centers for that 10% of the population that gets too addicted to function.

We aren't getting anyplace with the way it is.

Great concept and I agree; however, who in their right mind would trust the GOB, or any government for that matter, to effectively and honestly run such a cash cow. It would be manna from heaven for the many brothers and sisters, aunts and uncles, nieces and nephews of the elected powers that be.

OP Offline
Of course the gov employees would get rich quick - but they are going to anyway so why not at least let everyone else be happy?
But maybe there is another group who is more deserving of the cash cow? Like YOU & ME? ha ha ha

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
E
E
Ha! Seems to me that y'all are already tokin !

D
D
And then with the high price of "legal" pot, everyone would buy the cheaper illegal stuff.

DC

M
M
You mean to tell me that marijuana is illegal here?

S
S

S
S
Landlords should read section 11...

You think pot is the only drug they are selling? That would be like making beer legal but rum not.
I am not against making pot legal, but that will not solve the drug problem. And, I am not sure you want to increase tourism by making Belize a place to get legal drugs even if it only be pot.

Last edited by bywarren; 12/26/12 11:26 PM.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 123 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.