At the top of our newscast, we told you about the trials that FFB President Ruperto Vicente has been having, while trying to run the business of the sport of football.

Amidst all this, Belize is set to make an appearance in the Copa Centroamericana - or Naiton's Cup, the tournament which allowed the Jaguars to qualify for their first ever Gold Cup appearance last year.

But, President Vicente has been having trouble keeping coaching staff, and last night, he told us about the series of events which saw Costa Rican Leroy Sherrier Lewis back in the driver's seat head coach of the Jaguars:

Ruperto Vicente - President, Football Federation of Belize
"Coaching is a very tough thing and certainly when we make decision about coaches you have to think economically. Most of the coaches out there are calling on 10,000 - 15,000 per month and that's US dollars. There is no way that this federation can afford that, so for the most part we have to wait until we can get a coach that is reasonable economically and so we got a coach who came to us with US$4,000 per month and the executive believe that we could have handle that, but the coach came and prepared to work but got impatient because the time was too short. Mr. Lewis came and said listen, I am here and I am prepared to work with the federation and so we did discuss our differences and Mr. Lewis said listen we had our problems but let us put that aside and let us work for football and so we fall short yes because we have to look for the coaches that we can afford."

Daniel Ortiz
"Mr. Sherrier, is he on officially as the head coach for Copa Centroamericana?"

"Yes he is on."

But what about those Belize's premier striker Deon McCauley, and his fellow team mate Evan Mariano? As we've told you, but of them have been signed by US football clubs, and there is quite a bit of logistics to get them temporarily released to represent the country at the tournament. Vicente told us that those arrangements should have been made already:

"First we got to send letters to their clubs and the club is obligated to sending them a week before the tournament because the tournament is going to be held on FIFA match dates. So the club is only oblige to send those players one week ahead. Some of them will send them 2 weeks ahead, but they are only committed to one week before the team travels and sometimes the club will tell you we will send them 2 days before they travel because they are allowed to play with the national team on FIFA international game dates."

Daniel Ortiz
"So that's going to happen to for Mr. Evan Mariano and Mr. Deon McCauley?"

"Evan Mariano is already here, for sure McCauley should have been here. I am not sure if he has arrived, but he should have been here in the country already."

Daniel Ortiz
"When is the team traveling and when is the first game sir?"

"I was told in Guatemala yesterday that our team may have to travel on Saturday I believe, but that is not confirmed yet. As soon as that is confirmed will let everyone know."

We'll a bit more about football issues in tomorrow's newcast.

Channel 7