Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Belize Weather Forecast: August 3, 2012

General Situation:
Ambergris Caye: Conditions this morning by Elbert just before or after this post!
Belize NMS: Relatively dry conditions prevail over area.
Advisories: None.
24-hour forecast: Mostly sunny today and partly cloudy tonight with a few showers or thunderstorms mainly inland this afternoon then in the south tonight.
Winds: East - southeast 5-15 knots.
Marine Forecast: Today: Winds: E-SE 5-15 kts. Seas: Choppy. Waves: 2-3 ft. Isolated showers or thunderstorms. Outlook: Winds: E-SE 10-20 kts. Seas: Choppy - moderate. Waves: 3-5 ft. A few showers and thunderstorms mainly in the south.
Sea Surface Temp (°F): 83
Outlook: (Sat & Sat night) Mainly fair with isolated showers or thunderstorms, except for a few more in the south saturday night.

Tropical Weather Outlook: At 3:00am Tropical Storm Ernesto was located near Lat 13.5 N , Lon 60.7 W or about 30 miles southeast of St Lucia with maximum winds of 45 mph, and was moving to the west at 24 mph.
Click for our complete daily Tropical Weather Information

MID WEEK WEATHER OUTLOOK FOR BELIZE: Aug. 1, 2012

CLICK HERE for the full Belize Weekly Weather Report

Current Caye Caulker Weather Information
Belize Hydrological & Flooding Information
Belize National Emergency Management Organization (NEMO)

High Low
Coastal 32° C
89° F
26° C
79° F
Inland 34° C
94° F
23° C
73° F
Hills 26° C
79° F
20° C
68° F
TIDES:
High - 10:34 AM Low - 5:21 PM
High - 11:18 PM Low - 5:13 AM (SAT)
Sunrise - 5:33 AM Moonrise - 7:32 PM
Sunset - 6:25 PM Moonset - 6:52 AM

Four Day Weather Outlook:

CLICK here and here for detailed weather data

[Linked Image]
On Ambergris Caye this it looks like the beginning of another great day, calm ,clear and expected high of 89f. with a high tide at 11:18.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
Does anyone know why the San Pedro Weather page ( Sanpedroweather) is showing 1.67" of rain for yesterday? We certainly had nothing but wall to wall sunshine (and HEAT), as far as I could tell, from a couple miles north of the bridge.

Just curious...

Thanks!
Emily

Former Belize expat traveling the USA & Mexico
http://travelingtwosome.weebly.com
I'll check it out when I go home. The station has been having a few hiccups - time to shut it down and do a quick overhaul I guess. Of course it always goes down when there is a threat of serious weather....

Thanks for the report Emily - I will get right on it.

One thing I can tell you for certain is that I wasn't washing the rain catchment system yesterday. LOL

I went to reset the camera this morning but didn't double check it - obviously it is still showing an image from yesterday darn it. Will fix when I get home.

Did it rain in town or down south.
That often happens and totally misses us up north.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Originally Posted by ScubaLdy
Did it rain in town or down south.
That often happens and totally misses us up north.

True, but we were in town mid-day and no sign of rain at all, not a cloud in the sky, in fact. I am not sure where the gauge is but did not hear anyone saying it rained anywhere on the island yesterday. If it did I'd be curious to know where!

Thanks, Amanda, for checking on it. Did not realize you were the weather station owner. We really appreciate having access to it and use the site all the time.

Emily

Former Belize expat traveling the USA & Mexico
http://travelingtwosome.weebly.com
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

WEEKEND WEATHER OUTLOOK FOR BELIZE
Valid: Friday, Aug. 3 until Monday, Aug. 6, 2012

An unstable easterly airflow will prevail over the NW Caribbean this weekend favoring some showers and thunderstorms over northern Central America and Belize. Tropical storm Ernesto is moving westward at 21 mph over the eastern Caribbean with maximum sustained winds of 50 mph.

Conditions will remain unstable this weekend favouring a few showers and thunderstorms. Daytime heating will also add to the instability. Expect a mix of sunshine and cloudy spells through Monday. Daily rainfall accumulations will be in the range of 0.25-0.50 of-an-inch today Friday, through the weekend and Monday especially in the elevated areas of the interior. The feature of interest next week will be the movement of tropical storm Ernesto through the NW Caribbean. Ernesto is moving at a fairly fast clip of 21 mph at present, but it is forecast to slow down and strengthen as it moves further west through the central Caribbean this weekend. Hurricane models are projecting a WNW track for Ernesto as it comes farther west, with possible landfall over southern or central Yucatan by mid day on Wednesday of next week. All eyes will be on Ernesto this weekend and early next week. All interest in the central and western Caribbean should remain informed on the progress of tropical storm Ernesto.

CLICK HERE for the full Belize Weekend Weather Report

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.