Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Belize Weather Forecast: November 12, 2013

General Situation:
Ambergris Caye: Conditions this morning by Elbert just before or after this post!
Belize NMS: Relatively moist and unstable conditions continue to dominate our weather.
Advisories: *Operators of small craft should exercise caution for gusty winds and locally rough seas near showers and thunderstorms.*
24-hour forecast: Cloudy with sunny breaks today and cloudy at times tonight. A few showers, isolated thunderstorms or periods of rain will occur mostly over the south and some coastal areas, with a few more showers inland this afternoon.
Winds: North - northeast at 5-15 knots with higher gusts near showers and thunderstorms.
Marine Forecast:
Today: Winds: N-NE 5-15 kts.; seas: Choppy.; waves: 2-4 ft.; afew showers, isolated thunderstorms or periods of rain.
Tomorrow: Winds: N-NE 5-15 kts.; seas: Choppy.; waves: 2-4 ft.; a few showers, isolated thunderstorms and periods of rain.
Marine Outlook: Wednesday night:- Winds: N-NE 5-15 kts.; seas: Choppy.; waves: 2-4 ft.; a few showers, isolated thunderstorms and periods of rain mostly south.
Sea Surface Temp (°F): 85
General Outlook: Some cloudy spells with a few showers and isolated thunderstorms mostly over northern and inland areas wed. And along the south coast Wed. night.

Tropical Weather Outlook: Tropical Cylone formation is not expected in the North Atlantic, Caribbean Sea or the Gulf of Mexico during the next 48 hours.
Click for our daily Tropical Weather Report

Wind & weather forecast for Ambergris Caye / San Pedro: Great information for sailors...
Current Caye Caulker Weather Information
Belize Hydrological & Flooding Information
Belize National Emergency Management Organization (NEMO)

High Low
Coastal 29° C
84° F
23° C
73° F
Inland 31° C
88° F
21° C
70° F
Hills 24° C
75° F
18° C
64° F
TIDES:
Low - 11:54 AM High - 6:20 PM
Low - 12:40 AM (WED.) High - 7:12 AM (WED.)
Sunrise - 5:57 AM Moonrise - 1:54 PM
Sunset - 5:17 PM Moonset - 2:22 AM (WED.)

CLICK here and here for detailed weather data

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Waterlogged Ambergris Caye Residents Find Ways to Get Around

This week's Picture of the Week comes courtesy of Mata Grande Grocery located in 4.5 miles in North Ambergris Caye, Belize. Their Facebook page post says that the kayak anchored in front of the store is their newest delivery transportation.

"Cody and Collin used it to deliver 3 five-gallon water containers down the road a few hundred yards. They had a blast! Now that is customer service...right?" - says Mata Grande Grocery's post on Facebook.

Ambergris Caye and various parts of the country of Belize remain waterlogged as a rain continues to fall for over a week now.

Ambergris Today

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
Mayor Daniel Guerrero and the San Pedro Town Council would like to advise everyone to be cautious when DRIVING or WALKING on dirt roads since many pot holes have formed due to the heavy rains we have been experiencing. We ask all drivers to drive slowly to avoid any splashes onto the pedestrians.

We appreciate your cooperation and understanding.

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

How wet is San Pedro Town?

Mayor Daniel put things in perspective the other morning when he facebooked something along the lines that we should not be complaining about all the rain we are getting and how wet it is here. Our brothers and sisters affected by the massive typhoon in the Philippines are the ones who are really suffering.

While this true definitely puts things in perspective, after driving around taking pictures yesterday I could not help but think of San Mateo and how most of the people there are living in cold, wet conditions right now surrounded by contaminated water - ugh. Hopefully one day we can hep fix that area once and for all.

I was hoping the blue skies this morning were a sign of shifting weather conditions sadly not so. It has still be raining off an on all day, and I am about to get wet on my way to town. Hoping it will hold off a bit so I can at least get to the main road to catch a cab if not be able to walk it all the way.

These pictures show just how wet San Pedro town and back roads of San Pablo area are right now. For some of them it was raining hard enough to have my bingo waterproof camera bag on so the quality is not the best as I could not keep the viewing area dry no matter how much I wiped it off.

Click here to read the rest of the article and see more photos on Tacogirl's blog!

[Linked Image]
The sea around Ambergris Caye this morning is dead Calm with a breeze from the North at 1mph. The sky seems to be clearing and clouds giving way to blue sky. Our expected high is 88f.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
Great Picture including the bird!!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 319 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.