FOR TODAY'S BELIZE WEATHER, CLICK HERE

Click for our Daily Tropical Weather Report.

Specials and Events

Last night's TV news on Channel 7, Channel 5, LOVETV, PGTV, West Vision (Cayo) and CTV 3. Also with the most recent Open Your Eyes, Rise and Shine Morning Show, and the Dickie Bradley Specials

The San Pedro Sun

Wolfe's Woofer: The Operation
"Mr. Dennis, I need one big favor of you." "Sure, Lupe. Anything you want." Lupe is the wife of Nacho, who has helped me with some construction projects and a lot of other work over the years. "The problem is with my marido, Ignacio." "Uh-oh," I said. "What has Nacho been up to now?" "Is a problem I don't like to talk about because it is almost improper," she said. "It concerns our marital relations." "What about the relations?" I asked. "You can tell me." "With me and Nacho they always been plenty good." "I believe you," I said. "After all you do have seven children." "Eight months ago he comes to me and tells me he has to go to the big medical clinic in Belize City for an operation." "What kind of operation?"

Wassup Expo to provide students with unlimited options
"Wassup" Expo is coming to San Pedro Town on Thursday, October 13th at San Pedro High School's Angel Nu�ez Auditorium. The expo is spearheaded by the Rotary Club of Ambergris Caye and Keller Williams Realtor, Kate Corrigan, and is geared for both youth (13 to 25 year-olds), and other community members. Between 3PM to 5PM, the expo will serve as the arena for all clubs, fitness centers, community organizations and charities to present opportunities available to young people. According to Corrigan, students often do not participate in extra circular activities because they are unaware they exist. "Once students' schedules are established and they are settled in the routine of homework and school life, they could become acquainted on what San Pedro has to offer and become more involved. It's literally telling San Pedro "Wassup". It's very important to keep our youth busy with good things to do, and groups to be involved with," said Corrigan.

Doctor Love: New Mom and Part Time Lover
Dear Doctor Love, Before my baby was born my mother seemed to be as excited as me. It is my first baby and there was so much to do that I couldn't handle it alone. She helped me pick out baby clothes. She arranged a baby shower. She helped me set up the nursery and many other things. Since the baby was born six months ago she has changed completely. When she comes over she is rude and makes critical remarks about everything. Nothing I do concerning the baby pleases her. If I don't follow any of her advice it is like I have committed a cardinal sin. Last week I went to breast feed the baby. When I came back to the living room she was gone. I called her to ask what happened and she said she got tired of waiting. This is driving me nuts. What am I supposed to do? /s/ New Mom

Misc Belizean Sourcesmzz

Miss Am�rica Latina del Mundo
Michelle Nu�ez, representative of Belize so its beautiful in traditional costume

Miss Belize - Michelle Nu�ez is representing our jewel at Miss America Latina in Cancun Mexico
During the course of Ten Days! Last Night, Miss Belize had the opportunity to showcase her National Costume/Traje de Fantasia to the Anticipating Audience. Her Costume was designed by Gabriel Garcia Gmx Ow handcrafted with Rhinestones, Sea Shells and Pearls! Not any ordinary costume; she is representing The Richness of our Caribbean Sea! As an island native, is only natural to want to express her passion and love for the sea! Belize's Caribbean Sea offers shimmering glitters to an underwater Hidden Gem! Sparkling Rays come alive as the Rays of the Sun give life to Corals , Sea Star and underwater life! Our Crystal Blue Caribbean Sea gives every tourists an magical and shimmering experience lasting a lifetime!

PM Statement on BNTU Negotiations

Isla Norte Ferry
Starting soon! Daily runs to Corozal from San Pedro

The Guatemala president does not know history when it comes to Belize
By Wellington C. Ramos. The president of Guatemala, Jimmy Morales, had the nerve to come before the United Nations and tell the UN representatives of the world that we Belizeans do not want to make peace with them. However, the nations of the world will not believe him because of Spain and Guatemala's aggression against Belize since it became a colony in 1638 and Guatemala's human rights policy in killing their native Maya Indians since it also became a colony of Spain in the 17th century. Guatemala and Belize were originally colonies of Spain after Christopher Columbus landed in this part of the world in 1492. This led to a treaty signed between Spain and Portugal titled the Treaty of Tordesillas on June 7, 1494. In that treaty, negotiated by the then Catholic Pope Alexander V1, Spain was given all the territories in the Americas except for the country we know as Brazil. This region includes North America, Central America, the Caribbean and most of South America.

From BNTU Benque Branch
A pleasant good night members, I know that you have been wondering what is the outcome of our hours of meeting with the PM on Thursday. First let me inform you that as the PM started speaking he pointed out that our meeting has nothing to do with the salary deferral because our union had lost as out of the three unions 2 voted yes and 1 voted no so the majority wins. Our meeting was to discuss the 8 points I presented to you in our last general meeting. He went point by point. We are going over it in detail at our AGM on Wednesday the 28. But what we got was palabras so after the meeting we went back to the office to prepare a plan of action.

Rigo Vellos is Mr. Belize
I continue to proudly stand as Belize's bodybuilding champion. Last night I successfully defended the title for the 5th consecutive year! No year has it been easy�that's how things are in this sport. It takes hard work, dedication and discipline and every year it takes much more of these things. It takes keeping healthy, following good advice and, most importantly, the love and support of family and fans. This year's win is once again for those who believe in me. I would like to thank those who assisted me throughout this training year: Scotty's Crocodile Cove, Corozal Town Mayor Hilberto Campos and Mr. Elias Cardenez from Columbus, Ohio. I also give ENORMOUS thanks my official sponsor: Smart Belize who have provided the support to keep me at the top.

24/7 Gas Station in Ranchito Village
Located at the junction of Ferry Road and the main highway opened today Sunday to provide full service to its new customers. 24/7 offers a very spacious service station with three pumps and a friendly staff. Friday September 30th will be their official inauguration and they have extended a special invitation to everyone for FREE BBQ, drinks, special discounts and a raffle. Don't miss out. They are open from 6:00 a.m.

Rest in Peace "PIC". Gone but not forgotten.
I met him 10 years ago when I moved to Corozal. He has left us behind with so many good memories. Not only pictures etched in our memories but tremendous laughter and joy. A resilient and strong man. God saw you getting tired and a cure was not to be. So he has put his arms around you and has whispered "Come to Me"...You will be missed by our Corozal Community and this corner.

Hand in Hand Ministries' 300th house in Belize!
BEL congratulates Hand in Hand Ministries on the construction of its 300th house in Belize! BEL and Belize Bank Limited are partnering this weekend to support this milestone, which is for the benefit of a senior citizen in Dangriga. An initiative towards improving the quality of life in Belize.

Belize Youth Awards 2016
If you know any outstanding youths, now is the time to nominate them for the 2016 Belize Youth Awards. "The Department of Youth Services is now accepting nomination for the Belize Youth Awards 2016."

The Reporter

NICH responds to NBZLive Facebook post
The National Institute of Culture and History (NICH) issued a statement today, responding to allegations made by a social media community NBZLive.com, in reference to its board member George Anibal Orellana. NICH said that contrary to the post NBZLive.com dated September 23, Orellana has not been asked to tender his resignation, nor is he relinquishing his status as a board member. NICH also said that Orellana did not receive a contract valued at $500,000 for the refurbishment of the Bliss Center for Performing Arts, because he is precluded from such considerations due to conflicts of interest. "Furthermore, NICH has not yet received the monies for the Bliss refurbishment and the bidding process for the contract has not begun, let alone been awarded to anyone." The institute added.

PM asks BNTU to call off strike
Prime Minister Dean Barrow, in response to a correspondence with the Belize National Teacher's Union (BNTU) on pending strike action, made a public appeal for the Union to not shut schools down again. Barrow explained today that the government met with the BNTU on numerous occasions in an attempt to address their concerns and added that he has granted them up to 75 percent of their demands. The Prime Minister also told the nation that the BNTU is not operating in good faith, ignoring the views of all other social partners, which have agreed with GOB on many of the issues of good governance that the BNTU raised in its demands. "The BNTU leadership is being unreasonable. They are utterly unjustified in holding parents and children to ransom," Barrow said.

BNTU says GOB proposal "not good enough"
Following a meeting with Prime Minister Dean Barrow on Thursday, the Belize National Teacher's Union (BNTU) has decided to continue taking industrial actions against the Government of Belize, citing dissatisfaction with GOB's response to their demands. The BNTU, in a letter following the meeting, told Prime Minister Dean Barrow that the offers he made were "inconsistent" with their list of demands. The BNTU then outlined its demands and a range of responses to the offers that the Prime Minister had made. With respect to their demand for a specific configuration of the Senate Select Committee to investigate incidents of wrongdoing cited in the Auditor General's Special Audit Report of the Immigration and Nationality Department, the BNTU said that the offer was "not favorable;" and added that his response to their request for the removal of Godwin Hulse as the Minister of Police was "too vague."

Breaking Belize NewsPJ

Body found near Valley of Peace has been identified
The body of the man found near Valley of Peace have been identified as Rudolph Delgado. Delgado was reported missing by his family four days ago. Police are investigating. Save © 2016, www.breakingbelizenews.com. This article is the copyrighted property of Breaking Belize News. Written [�]

Immigration Department issues statement on online passport sales
The Department of Immigration and Nationality Services of Belize issued a statement via social media concerning a report made ICP Belize, was offering Belize passports for sale. The release states that there is [�]

BNTU gives GOB notice on Strike action
The Belize National Teachers Union and Prime Minister Dean Barrow met on Thursday, September 22, 2016 to discuss the demands put forward by the BNTU. BBN has been able to get a letter dated Friday September 23, 2016 written to the Prime Minister by [�]

PM Barrow asks BNTU to refrain from strike
Prime Minister Dean Barrow is asking the BNTU to call off strike action. In an audio sent to the media this afternoon, he says that the 8 demands were addressed by a letter he sent to the BNTU prior to their meeting on Thursday. [�]

Serious road traffic accident on the Hummingbird Highway
BBN has received reports about a major and serious road traffic accident involving a football team from Benque Viejo Del Carmen. A men's football team was travelling to Santa Martha on Hummingbird highway. They were coming around a blind corner and another vehicle was [�]

Remembering Danny, fallen soldier
The family of Danny Conorquie, the Special Constable that was murdered two years ago at the Caracol archealogical site, is hosting an event as a tribute to Conorquie. It is a two day event and it is being held in Georgeville on Saturday September [�]

Belizeans looking forward to UN Speech of Foreign Minister Wilfred Elrington
Belizeans at home and abroad are looking forward to the UN speech of Foreign Minister Wilfred Elrington today, September 25, at the United Nations (UN) General Assembly. This comes after Guatemalan President, Jimmy Morales, defamed and blatantly spread untruths about Belize during his speech [�]

Tropical wave being closely monitored
The tropical weather outlook is for disorganized showers and thunderstorms associated with a tropical wave located about 1000 miles west-southwest of Cabo Verde Islands moving westward at around 20 mph. The tropical wave, Invest 97 L could develop into a tropical depression or tropical [�]

Trio villagers face eviction
Many villagers from Trio in the Toledo district have huge farms. However, some of them have no legal documentation that they own these lands. BBN understands that a letter is being sent to villagers giving them a deadline to vacate their land. The letter [�]

Body washes up in Corozal
A body was washed ashore near the Finca Solana area Friday night in Corozal. It is believed to be that of a US national. Reports claim that a white Ford Explorer pickup was also in the area at the time. Corozal police have not [�]

Blogs

Parade by the Sea on Ambergris Caye, Independence Day
I can't grasp the idea that there are over 100 events taking place during the month of September around the entire country of Belize. I mean, like where do you start? It's impossible to attend all the events in one year! I'm super impressed at how our tiny nation can put together so much celebratory events under one month. The Independence Day Parade a signature highlight of the September Celebrations in Belize. I guess September is the perfect month to visit Belize as there is a party in every corner, a cultural experience lurking in every village and town and a show of patriotism like no other. San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, is a perfect example when it comes to celebrations. Bad weather does not cancel any celebrations, they are just postponed to another date. The Independence Day Parade on Ambergris Caye, is the only parade by the sea in Belize and one of the biggest, next to the Belize City Carnival and Orange Walk Parade. San Pedro Town's spirit of celebration, energy, natural charm and friendliness make for an awesome 'Jump Up Parade', and it seems that everybody LOVES to dance! Here are highlights of the Independence Day Parade in San Pedro, Ambergris Caye.

International Sourcesizz

This Young Man From Belize is Blind But What He Has Achieved So Far-Amazing
17-year old Rowan Garel from Belize has been blind since birth but what he has achieve so far is simply amazing. I can't imagine being blind-the inability to do things that I now take for granted but blindness hasn't stop Garel from living more than just a normal life. Garel has so far; -Raised money for kids to attend Summer Camp -Climb the highest mountain in Belize -Walked across Belize -Became the first blind Belizean to dive the Great Blue Hole -Featured in the children book "Climb, Walk, Dive" Adventures of Rowan Garel -This year headed off to attend Drew University in New Jersey Garel proves that being blind should not be seen as a limitation. After climbing to the heights of Victoria Peak Garel said;

FLORIDA STUDY DISCOVERS ANTICANCER PROPERTIES IN PAPAYA LEAF
Papaya trees are best known for their vibrant orange fruit, but the world of alternative medicine is embracing them for a different, more game-changing reason. It's no cure, but papaya leaf has scientifically verified cancer slowing properties. A study by the University of Florida documented the impact of papaya leaf extract on lab-grown tumors and discovered the extract's ability to slow cancerous tumor growth without the negative side effects of chemotherapy. 10 different types of cancer including cervix, breast, liver, lung and pancreatic cancers were exposed to papaya leaf extract. In every single case, the extract slowed the growth of the tumors, and the larger the dose of papaya leaf extract, the stronger the anticancer effects.

Videos

• Prime Minister Rt. Hon. Dean Barrow Responds to the Proposed Strike Action by the Belize National Teachers' Union (BNTU), 10min.

• Sedi meets Belizeans at the St. James Church in the Bronx, 40min.

• Yochi Trailer, 1min. The trailer for Yochi is out. Yochi is a short film shot totally in Cayo. It's about 2 Maya brothers, and poaching. Great story.

• Belize, 8.5min.

• Jesse & Carolyn explore Belize, 8min. Please enjoy the footage we put together while hiking through the jungle, snorkeling the reef, tubing through caves and exploring Belize.

• Belize Trip 2016, 5min. St. Stephen's Youth Group summer trip to Belize June 2016

• Belize Carnival 2016 #4 - Soca Moca Carnival Best Band, 5min. The Soca Moca Carnival Band successfully defended their title winning the Senior Category Carnival Road March Champions 2016. The carnival band has some 160 members.

• A short visit to Belize-after hurricane earl, 5min. Having experiencing hurricane earl in Guatemala we decided to check across the border in Belize. This is a short visit lasting just a day and the signs from the hurricane were very evident.

• Belize Caribbean Tours Taste Of Belize Tour OfficialHQ, 5min.

• New River, Belize, 3min.

• Belize Cozumel Scuba 2016, 7.5min. Scuba diving trips to Ambergis Caye Belize and Cozumel 2016.