Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
[Linked Image]

World Vets to assist SAGA Humane Society in "Fix your dog to fix up San Pedro"

SAGA Humane Society in its ongoing effort to help control the pet population in San Pedro is collaborating with World Vets to offer a FREE Spay & Neuter for pets in low income household's, March 13-15, 2012. There will be an international team of Veterinarians, Vet Techs, Assistants and Veterinarian Students to offer FREE services to the community of San Pedro. This NGO states on their website "Our mission is to provide veterinary aid in developing countries and veterinary disaster relief worldwide." This is the second year this wonderful organization has brought it's much needed services to La Isla Bonita. In 2011 the team was able to Spay/Neuter over 50 animals. This year the goal is to more than double these numbers. Please give these exceptional volunteers a warm island welcome if you see them about town.

San Pedro is on an island, so it would be very easy, if everyone did their bit, to solve our dog problems. The simplest, kindest and easiest way to do this is to neuter male dogs and spay female dogs before they have the chance to have babies, or catch one of the deadly sexually transmitted diseases so common among dogs in San Pedro.

Neutered and spayed dogs are better pets, better guards, healthier, less at risk of disease and, more importantly, by having your dog neutered or spayed you are helping to make San Pedro a better, healthier and happier place for everyone. Do the right thing, get your dog neutered or spayed.

During this campaign March 13-15 SAGA HS will be in the community capturing stray animals to be brought in for Spay/Neuter surgeries. SAGA HS is now making appointments for FREE Spay & Neuter 226-3266.

If you can assist SAGA HS and World Vets during this time, let us know. We will need these volunteers and services to help: Patient check in, Bi-lingual interrupter, transportation of both animals and the Vet team to and from clinic, discount of lunches, stray animal capture and general assistance at clinic. Please contact SAGA HS at 226-3266 or email [email protected] for details on how you can help. Fix your dog to fix up San Pedro!

I emailed SAGA to offer myself as a volunteer, but nothing back yet. I will be on the island next week, so would love to help out in any capacity....Can't be there on the 13th, but can the next two days.

At what age is it determined I am old enough to know better?
sunandsand,
I just sent you a PM about helping with our Spay Neuter clinic.
Thanks for supporting Saga and helping control pet population.
Anyone else want to help out?
Bark Bark Meow!
Coleen

Coleen

Beach bum, butterfly stalker, native plant enthusiast.
C
ctb Offline
C
What kind of help do you need? I am not a vet, just an animal lover, but willing to help out.

Thanks for the interest in helping the animals of Ambergris Caye!
If you can assist SAGA HS and World Vets during March 13-15, let us know. We will need these volunteers and services to help: Patient check in, Bi-lingual interrupter, transportation of both animals and the Vet team to and from clinic, donations for lunches, stray animal capture and general assistance at clinic. Please contact SAGA HS at 226-3266 or email [email protected] for details on how you can help. Fix your dog to fix up San Pedro!
Bark Bark Meow!
Coleen Creeden
Communications
www.sagahumanesociety.org

Coleen

Hi Colleen!

Just sent an email -- I can help with the clinic on Tuesday and Thursday of next week. I don't have a vehicle but could help with check-in or other general clinic help. Late morning through afternoons are best for me. Let me know!

Thanks,

Emily

Former Belize expat traveling the USA & Mexico
http://travelingtwosome.weebly.com
We are looking for donations to help cover the cost to feed the wonderful team from World Vets lunches while they are hard working to help control the pet population. Please visit Saga Humane Society to donate through PayPal. Thank you for your support.
Spread the word about this FREE Spay/Neuter Clinic! Tuesday is now closed for appointments.
[Linked Image]

Coleen

What a GREAT first day, 58 animals fixed and healthy!! The World Vets Team is doing a wonderful job in helping to control the pet population of San Pedro. Today the clinic opens at 8-4. How will you help the animals?
[Linked Image]

Thank you for your support.
Bark Bark Meow!
Coleen
Communications
Saga Humane Society
www.sagahumanesociety.org

Coleen

This is the wonderful team from World Vets 2012! They are doing a great job of helping to control the pet population of Ambergris Caye. If you see them about town give them a warm San Pedro Shout Out! Let them know how much we appreciate the good works they do.
[Linked Image]

Bark Bark Meow!

Coleen

C
C
World Vets are an amazing team of people. The Caye Caulker Humane Society sends love and thanks for the supplies they brought down to us on this visit. They were here last year on Caye Caulker and did a wonderful job. We arranged for them to spend a day with SAGA on that trip. Mabe next year we can bring them back here as we again could use a day or two to help our villagers with their pets. Its all good.

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 262 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.