Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#140157 11/17/01 03:39 PM
R
Rocio Offline OP
OP Offline
R
I would like to know why each of you find Belize and AC to be your paradise? What does it mean to you now? for the diving? for the laid back life style? for the partying? Do you want to see change, 2,5,10 years from now? BE HONEST, with youself and and this topic.

Rocio

[This message has been edited by Rocio (edited 11-17-2001).]

Caught me at a good moment. We are scheduled for mid-January at Paradise Villas, third consecutive trip for our party to AC. Used to be that Cozumel was our destination of choice, but it got too big, too fast, too many other tourists. Still our choice for diving tho, if we go back.
AC has above all else, nice people. Friendly people that do not resent us (tourists), nice weather, beautiful sunrises, very good food at reasonable prices. And we are not required to bring a lot of fancy clothes. We can relax at our own pace, the diving and snorkeling is fair, going to very good if you want to sit on a boat for awhile (no problem with that). Probably another main thing is our fellow tourists. Everyone who visits has to make a little extra effort to get there, and since the beaches/nightlife/tourist attractions are better in a lot of places that are easier to get to, there only seems to be the serious laid back interesting people that we can associate with if we choose to. So, no masses of casual tourists.
As a matter of fact, we know it isn't paradise, but it is a lot better at this point in our lives than anywhere else we have been. Viva island time! Viva Belikin.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
Because it touches the soul and cleanses the spirit!! C Haven't been able to find that here!!

L
L
Just returned from Cabo and have traveled extensively all over Mexico. To me, the best place in Mexico is Cozumel and Playa Del Carmen area. Cabo was very commercialized compared to when I visited five years ago and the time share people pester you enough to want to leave. Unlike others on this board, I am not a huge Belikin fan. Mexican beer to me, and a shot of tequila, is the greatest. I would have to agree that the people and the peacefulness of AC are what I enjoyed most. Also, the beautiful scenery. No where in the world beats the blue of the Carribean!

Rocio, I believe a search will bring up a long thread (maybe two) about this very subject.

Regardless of that, I'd like to know why you are interested? If I've been reading you correctly you are in Mexico and very happy to be there. I'm confused by your participation here on the board. For myself, I'd like to understand where you are coming from and what your intentions are.

To that end, I will share with you that I first went to Belize on a dive holiday and came home fundamentally changed. There is something undefinable (to me) in SP. I feel healthier there (even when abusing my body with the local intoxicants [Linked Image]), I feel younger there, I feel more attractive there, I feel more peaceful and relaxed there. I am more inclined to walk, I smile at everyone, I laugh outloud, I feel free to dance with wild abandon. I find the diving to be good to very good and as pointed out by another, excellent when I make a longer boat trip. I like that I can be under the water in 5-15 minutes from the time the boat leaves the dock. I love the music. I like that I feel safe there. I love that the streets are sand. I love that when I walk up towards Papi's, a local will ask me if I'm going up the coast. I love Papi's.

As for the board, I like that it helps me feel like I am still close to all of that and that I know others share similar reactions.

I've been a lot of places, many that are far more beautiful than SP/AC, regardless this is the place that calls to me.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

L
L
Man, Seashell: so the guy lives in Mexico. If people were not curious about other countries, why would they go there at all?

Seashell!! VERY WELL SAID!! And ditto for us!! C&R

R
Rocio Offline OP
OP Offline
R
LaurieMar, thanks for the support, I hope to meet you Cozumel someday.

I just asked the questions so that I could understand where some of you are coming from. I am new to this board, as seashell can probably tell you, I have an open profile, it is very easy for someome to find out where I am at, seashell's profile is a closed book.

Today is the 22nd. anniversary of my first visit to Cozumel, I loved it then and I love it now, I wouldn't be here if I didn't.

I have no disire to change any of you or your love for AC amd Belize. I wouldn't want AC, yes, I have been there, to change either, I'll pray that doesn't, but I hear the words; "time share", "condo", and "cruise ships".

F
F
I think change is going to be inevitable, but what I hope is that the feeling will always stay the same. And that others who come to visit the island will leave with a tear in their eye and a strong desire to return. That the people will always be warm and friendly and welcoming. One of the things that I was amazed at is that tho' I had only been to AC once and for only a week, I made many friends and they remembered me when I returned the next year. I enjoy reading these boards because it takes me back to the island, if only for a moment. Someday, I hope soon, AC will be my home. My body is here in Nebraska but my heart is north of the cut, sitting on a beautiful lot and staring at the reef. Belize stole my heart from the very beginning. I don't know what it is I guess it's alot of things. Like my friend just said, it is the most unbelievable feeling...sometimes you just can't express it.

Actually Rocio, I did not look up your profile and still haven't done so. I picked up what I know of you from your posts.

I remain curious as to your interest here but I can see that you don't really intend to tell us. It is nice to learn that you have actually been to AC. I hadn't realized that though you may have said so before. When was it that you were in AC?

By the way, my profile is not complete for obvious reasons and there is no shame in it.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 332 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.