Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
OP Offline
P
Hello! We are off on our first trip to AC on Wednesday (staying at The Palms) and appreciate all of the information that we have gained on this message board. However, we still want to see if any of you wanted to suggest a few more of your last minute opinions on the following topics:

1) Best Local Beer to put in our Fridge?
2) Best Lunch Place?
3) Best Dinner Place?
4) Best Bar to attend at night?
5) Best Dive Center?
6) Best Flats Fishing Guide (bonefish)?
7) Should we rent a Golf Cart every day?

Thanks for all of your help. Can't wait to relax in AC. We will return the favor and post our thoughts and opinions on these topics and more when we get back. Take care.

Aryl and Pati

Belikin Regular

2) Best Lunch Place?

I can't answer. I usually eat lunch in my kitchenette or just catch what I can wherever.

3) Best Dinner Place?

That is hard to answer. Do you mean fanciest with best food? Best food, best prices? Best atmosphere with good food?

My three favorite dinner places are Jambel's Jerk, Ambergris Delight and Papi's. Notice none of them are the fancy places.

Fidos, most nights. I like Cholo's, Sharks, and a few other places too. Fido's has live music every night.

5) Best Dive Center?

Amigos del Mar.

Don't fish, so don't have an opinion.

No, if you don't mind walking a bit. I'm not a big walker at home but in San Pedro, I can put on a few miles a day and barely notice it. In fact, I'll go out of my way to go for a walk. Walking the beach is great!! And walking the beach takes you to most every destination that you will visit regularly anyway.

Renting a couple of afternoons will get you where you want to go and then if you find some places that you'd rather be, you can rent some more.

Since you are staying at the Palms, you should be able to walk most everywhere that you'd like to go.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

I'll be there Thursday!!!
And I second everything seashell said with a couple additions:
Best Lunch place: street vendors
Best Bar: I'd add BC's to his list.

If you see a woman with short dark hair arguing with a loud englishman and two georgeous little blond girls in tow, say Howdy!

B
B
Try Caribe Island 3 mi south of town for Happy Hour 4-5 and some good volley ball. Then cart over to Victoria House for a cocktail. the Vic is classic and old World while Caribe is out oif the way and family friendly with some locals

I love easy tests.

1) Belikin

2,3,4) Anywhere that serves Belikin

5) Hustler. When you get back there is a stand at the base of the pier that serves Belikin

6) Fishing has nothing to do with Belikin. Is this a trick question?

7) Carts not needed, you can get Belikin anywhere.

Pardon me for this, it just had to be done. enjoy your trip cool

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt

Lotsa Beliken!!! Thankfully Banana Beach delivers a case right into my fridge in my hotel room there!

2) Best Lunch Place?

BC's Beach BBQ on Sundays..

3) Best Dinner Place?

We LOVED Caliente, can't wait to go back there.. and also to try the new El Divino that folks have raved about.

I still have a lot of restaurants to try that folks have recommended though.. didn't make it to Elvi's, Papis and more last year.

Wherever the beer is flowing and looks like fun! We enjoyed Sharks on Tuesday nights, Palapa Sunday afternoon, Cholos, Fidos several nights, Hideaway on Sat, Crazy Canucks a couple of nights though we didnt find the lively ones there unfortunately and did Karaoke on Thurs at Jaguars.

5) Best Dive Center?

Dunno.. surface dweller! Can't drink Beliken under the water.

Dunno on that either!

We did and loved it! We were south of the town a ways though, had a blast whizzing around on our little carts! Take a covered cup though as it sucks as a passenger to spill your drink when you hit a bump <g>!

Andrea in Atlanta
Belize Bound May 3-13th!

Andrea in Atlanta
P
OP Offline
P
Thanks for taking the time to give us some of your opinions! I'm sure we will definitely have a better time because of them. We can tell by the friendliness of this board that this vacation will be special and perhaps lead to other plans in AC later.

MamaLiz...we will look for you, your husband and two beautiful kids. We are both 34, but without kids yet. I guess the best way to recognize us would be to look for my wife, Pati, who is gorgeous with long, dark hair and a tan already (she's Irish/Italian and she fake & bakes at the local Tanning salon). We look forward to having a Beliken with you!

Thanks again.

Aryl and Pati

Crazy Canuks on Mondays! The Punta Boys play that night. I'm there every Monday and Fido's when they play there on Sundays. Oh wait, come to think of it, I'm at Fido's every Sunday because they always have a Belizean band whether it's the Punta Boys or not.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 329 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.