Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#170584 12/23/04 03:54 AM
OP Offline
Board game lets players run marijuana farm (AP)

VANCOUVER, B.C. - The hot new Christmas gift in Canada this year is a board game that lets players run their own "B.C. Bud" marijuana farm.

Creators of "The Grow-Op Game" say the $39.95 "educational board game" highlights the perils of the marijuana business and cautions would-be growers.

"You get ratted on by neighbors, hydro cuts you off, you get floods, there are tons of stuff that is negative about it," said Vancouver-based creator Ivan Solomon Saturday.

Solomon said the Monopoly-style game is the brainchild of a young, 20-something reformed pot grower, known only as the "Rabbit," to conceal his identity. Solomon said Rabbit came up with the idea for the game while serving time in jail.

Rabbit and Solomon brought the game to market about four weeks ago.

Players roll the dice, move around the board, renting properties, buying lights and equipment, planting and harvesting crops. Moving in an opposite direction on the cylinder shaped board is the "GrowBuster." He lands on the unsuspecting player's property, rips out the plants and sends the player directly to jail.

"Out of six players, one might get lucky," Soloman said.

Cpl. Scott Rintoul, spokesman for the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Drug Awareness Squad, expressed concern that the game does not illustrate the impact the drug trade can having on the victims of organized crime.

"It's not a game," he said.

#170585 12/23/04 04:14 AM
Geez, I live across the water from Vancouver and haven't heard or read anything about this!

#170586 12/23/04 11:41 AM
Well, I picked up a board game (sealed package, didn't know what it was) called "battle of the sexes" which apparently pits male against female in knowledge of the opposite sex. That appeared intrigueing, until I saw that is was suitable for ages 12 and above. What do I know about 12 year old girls? All I know is that if I answered a question correctly according to the game, the girls would argue whether it was accurate or not. Not going to go there.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
#170587 12/23/04 11:43 AM
I thought Pot was legal in the BC area?? Don't they have places you can buy it? I used to live out in Bellingham Wendy where are you?

#170588 12/23/04 12:55 PM
In the words of Peter Tosh -

Legalize it - don't criticize it
Legalize it and i will advertise it

Some call it tampee
Some call it the weed
Some call it Marijuana
Some of them call it Ganja

Singer smoke it
And players of instruments too
Legalize it, yeah, yeah
That's the best thing you can do
Doctors smoke it
Nurses smoke it
Judges smoke it
Even the lawyers too

It's good for the flu
It's good for asthma
Good for tuberculosis
Even umara composis

Bird eat it
And they leave it
Fowls eat it
Goats love to play with it

#170589 12/24/04 01:12 PM
Bobber, if you started answering questions about 12 year old girls... you'd be having strange knocks on your door during the night. eek

#170590 12/27/04 09:36 AM
I've played the Battle of the Sexes game bobber. It is entertaining for adults - I was the youngest person there - besides hubby all were at least 20 yrs my senior. How old am I you might ask? Old enough to have a few aches and pains...... I don't think a 12 yr old would have been able to answer most of the questions. It was a really fun game.

#170591 12/27/04 11:06 AM
I tend to avoid board games whenever possible. This one might be amusing. Over the years, I have formulated a theory on the evolution of girls into womanhood. It is that, at around 12 or 13, the girls disappear for a few weeks. The reason given to dad is that they are going to camp, or visiting friends or relatives, or anything dad might buy. The truth is, they are attending "woman school", where they learn all of the tricks and traps that are designed to befuddle males in all circumstances. This is where they master the changeable rules, feminine logic, reward and punishment techniques, and how to get what you want without cost. My daughter was there for 3 days and was invited to student teach. It is a great global conspiracy, and they will now probably hunt me down and kill me.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
#170592 12/27/04 11:13 AM
S
S
Naked Twister anyone?

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
#170593 12/27/04 02:49 PM
well, it was nice knowing you bobber. eek

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 151 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,198
Posts500,015
Members20,458
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.