Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
planning on fishing, haven't been down since 2000. Swore I would never go back anywhere twice, and especially after the reality show made Ambergris a "new" place to travel. Felt like a piece of paradise had been exposed.

Alphonse's Dad took me fishing is he still around? Best reef fisherman I have ever been with?

Where would a guy want to stay for some fun at night? Don't need to spend $200 a night for lodging as I won't be sleeping much. Thanks for your input. Also, should I stay over at Caye Caulker for one night? Went there last time, can't remember how long that boat trip was though.

Thanks for your help.

It all depends on what you are looking for. If it's action and nightlife, then in town is your best bet. The further out of town you go, the quieter things get.

Yellowfin
Stayed many times by my self,my favorite was Lili's Hotel,Rooms are smallish and simple,but all have fridges and A.C. Rates run 55-65 a nite.
Great balcony, located close to center of town.
Lily's restarant next door,Cholo's bar next to it Wet Willys & Fido's & many restarants within 5 min walk.
Caye Caulker is a 20 min. water taxi ride inside the reef. Rooms even cheaper there ,Sandbox & Rasta Pasta are great places to eat .
I visit Caye Caulker every time I go to S.P.
Have a great trip!

OP Offline
J DOG

Thanks for the ideas! Sounds like a plan, stayed at Banana Beach the first time, great but don't need all the space and prefer to be a little closer to "town" I know it's not that far but....

Caye Caulker where do you stay when you go there?
Thanks in advance.

P
P
The Tides Resort is a little more expensive but very reasonable at US$100 or so. Barely ten minute walk to town yet in a quiet mainly residential area. Price includes Breakfast, there's a good sized pool and it has a great Dive Shop and Snorkel operation on premesis.

Assuming you meant Alphonse Graniel his father Pete is still guiding fishing tours. Pete's Fishing Tours is located at the Embarcadero behind the Old Football Field all the way (3 blocks)to the back of the Island directly back from the side street at The Post Office.

I would recommend the Rainbow Hotel or Treetops. Both are good. Both are under $50 a night. Caye Caulker hasn't changed alot. Make sure you stop by The Lazy Lizard Bar at the split. Heading to San Pedro on Jan. 29 thru Feb. 13. Will spend a night on Caye Caulker.

OP Offline
Yes Alphonse ran the snorkel tours...correct?
His Dad, is honestly, by far, one of the best local fisherman I have ever gone out with, he had a bucket with a hologram like piece of plastic on the bottom, he would look down and see schools of Jack, Tuna, and Permit. The guy is incredible! He got me into a 200 lb grouper which we fought on his little dingy for over an hour.
thanks for the responses guys!
J DOG met a lady in Caye Caulker last time from Cali, so good looking, we had a blast for 5 days! wowowowow

I like the Rainbow too. Doesn't get mentioned that often though.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

J
J
Yellowfin,

I have booked Feb 17 and 18 flat and reef fishing with Capt.Bicho in San Pedro. If you are interested in sharing expenses ($125) per day, let me know. I will be staying at the Banana Beach Resort arriving on Feb.15.

I am a Canadian Atlantic Salmon fly fisherman

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.