Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
OP Offline
Planning first house hunting trip to AC...want to be near the activity, but not too near...reading that there is quite a bit of crime etc (like any town/city)...what are the "bad areas" i should avoid?

Any recommendations on a reputable realtor, lawyer and accountant?

thanks (sorry for the flurry of posts, but i only down for 8 days, and dont want to waste time on places/realtors/etc i shouldnt)

Lara

We too are interested in knowing this

J D Tremblay
Southern Illinois University Press
Phone 618-453-6634
Fax 618-453-3787
[email protected]
I'm sure others can answer better, but in our two trips we felt perfectly safe. Most of the resorts have a security guard on duty at night. Lock up your valuables. Don't bring expensive jewelry--there is no place to wear it. Don't flash your money. Common sense, in other words. We were approached once about drugs, a "no thanks" worked. A flashlight helps at night, but more to keep from tripping over things on the beach. My feeling, unless you seek out trouble, chances are good it won't find you.

TTT - I agree with kris, but I think you guys were looking for different information. I know this board can help you...

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
OP Offline
Thanks Kris for the tips and info, but i am thinking more along the lines of bad sections to actually buy a property in. Like, if you were to move to Phila, i would tell you to stay away from West Phila, this section of town, that section of town...that sorta thing

:-)

Okay, can't help with that.

I don't think you can get what you are looking for here. I'm afraid you might here from people who have a personal interest. However, I think once you get here it will be obvious what sections to avoid - just keep your eyes open - talk to people - use common sense.
There are many reputable realtors here. Just walk in, introduce yourself, be honest and straight forward about what you are looking for and work with who ever it is you make a good feeling connection with. However, be aware that there does not seem to be a multiple listing arrangement here. From what I have heard a realtor will only show you their listings. Also, the fees are a straight 8% and local financing is 12%.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
M
M
Wait, let me get this right Lara, You are comparing AC to Philadelphia??? Have you ever been to San Pedro?

OP Offline
OH DEAR GOD NO i'm not comparing at all! i was just trying to clarify the type of information i was looking for...LOL...areas to LIVE versus areas to VISIT smile

are you thinking of moving here or actually purchasing property here?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 270 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.