Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#191921 03/19/06 12:12 AM
Knotta Offline OP
OP Offline
A big shout out to all--I'm new to the board and wanted to make an introduction.

My life has been presenting me with very interesting circumstances and connections. I am 18 years old preparing to graduate this coming May from Westchester Academy for International Studies (Houston, Tx high school). I will be graduating with high academics, and have already been accepted to two of Houston's leading universities.

A transition in jobs recently lead my father to the position as the new chef of The Victoria House.

This in my opinion presents itself as a multifaceted source of opportunity for all. My family will be moving to San Pedro this summer. During spring break we had the opportunity to really check it out. The entire experience was such a pleasure.

We did a lot of local research, learned about the town, found out about the grocery stores, library, post office, hospitals, ect. My younger sister will be attending the Island Academy.

As where I, will be taking college courses online and working toward my goal of a double major in Environmental Law and Sociology. I hold a strong passion towards the environment and its preservation; especially for its aquatic ecosystem. As the daughter of a surfer, I was raised on the ocean. I would love to get involved in anything locally focused environmentally.

I was wondering if anyone knew anything about the "Green Reef" team? What exactly are the current environmental concerns in Belize/San Pedro? Also--who can I get to fly my dogs? I have two big ones and one's a pit bull. Thanks to all those who read, any info is welcomed.

#191922 03/19/06 06:45 AM
Well, hello fellow Houstonian!

If you search around on this board, which is a wealth of information, you will find everything you need to know about your concerns and interest in Belize and specifically AC.

Just reading your brief writing here makes me thing you have a good head on your shoulders.

Good luck! and stay involved on the board here. eek

#191923 03/19/06 09:08 AM
S
S
It sounds like you have a wonderful adventure ahead of you. I also suggest you visit and poke around at the Belize Forums (address below) for even more info, including environmental, cultural and biological stuff. There are also a number of messages on about dogs--transporting them, loving them, saving them, etc. on both message boards. Very best wishes!

http://www.belizeforum.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

#191924 03/19/06 01:19 PM
Knotta Offline OP
OP Offline
Appreciate the warm welcome and advice!! Will most defiantly stay involved and check out the other forums.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 289 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.