Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
TEsfeld Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Hi Everybody! We are about to make our 3rd annual trip to Ambergris Caye and can't wait to be there!

We plan to go fishing several times while we are there and thought we would tip our guide with equipment instead of cash since we were told it is hard to get down there. I know little about the mechanics of fishing and wondered if someone could tell me what would be good to bring?

Thanks!

Tony
K
K
Call your guide and ask him what he needs. It's true tackle is expensive, if even available. But I'd shy away from a tackle-only tip. He may have enough "stuff", but not cash.

Flyfishing my way through mid-life crisis.
Good idea, krehfish post is on the money.. cash is needed .they work hard for it.And there prices here are very reasonable less than half of state side prices . Gas in sanpedro is very ,very expensive. high season is way to short.Be a sport give them cash, a big tip and a hug.You will make good friends for life and the memories will be priceless..tight lines to you and good fishing.. Have fun ,go live the dream..

Living The Dream Every Day!
I reccomend lures. The ones with the picture of Ben Franklin on them. They catch all kinds of things. wink

K
K
One other thing: If you're traveling with only one piece of checked luggage, consider buying a cooler($30) and checking it as your second. Empty, it's no real problem to carry between transfers. Use it while your there, then give it to the guide-not as a tip, just something extra. You won't believe the price of a decent cooler on AC.

Flyfishing my way through mid-life crisis.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.