Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#287653 07/08/08 02:38 AM
OP Offline
Got a e mail from a local friend who said ,that Pinki knox is no more ?? closed I thought to my self how tough it is to open a place here as you need to open with a bang from the get go .And all who know this was not the case here . My guess it was not planned out well ,I will not go over my food report ,but neddless to say it was not to my liking.Not that I am the worlds number one food and service Guru but I know hot from not!!! I feel very sorry for this couple as they came here with a dream to open a business and live the dream but only to find out it was a nightmare .The island has some great places to eat so it just did not happen .. The others where so much better all around.Hate to see this happen to nice people but any one comming here has to understand what it takes to open a sucessful place here.You must do your home work and have money ,time and skill.Then you got a shot to live the dream.

Living The Dream Every Day!
Sorry to hear that Capt as I was looking forward to trying this trip.

P
P
Is Sweet Basil's holding on?

N
N
Hope so, we really like Sweet Basil's, great food and good service.... Like Capt, we were not impressed with the food at Pinki Knox but it's too bad they didn't make a go of it.

OP Offline
Pam I do not know enjoyed the food the last trip down ,but things happen now so fast on the island .They where again very nice family.so I shure hope so...I still say we have some great places to eat here ,and my hats goes off to all the hard working people that run kitchens ,serve good food ,put, up with all the sh*t the customers dole out and so on..What is that that frankie sings if you can make, it here you can make it anywhere!!!!!!

captjeff, as you well know that if you even want to come close to succeeding in the restuarant business, you have to "marry" it. They were a great couple and enjoyed being around them.....however, they were not married to it.

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
Originally Posted by Northern Canuck
Hope so, we really like Sweet Basil's, great food and good service.... Like Capt, we were not impressed with the food at Pinki Knox but it's too bad they didn't make a go of it.

Must have been to a different Sweet Basil's than I went to.....several times then crossed it off my list.

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
B
B
Why is everyone discussing this couple's personal business on the message board? I have no idea what happened but if I were them, I wouldn't appreciate all this speculation.

T
T
I love the food at Sweet Basil. I tried to go today, but Tuesday is the one day a week they close.

Your Complete Property Management Service
Service is FREE for renters!
www.ThreePalmsProperties.net
OP Offline
Brussel Sprout ,I See no one here talking about there ,personal life. or life styles. Just that there place closed.And we can as a chat board talk About restaurants opening and closing.And it does not take a rocket scientist to know why this happens on the island!!!!! People that live here or go down once a month like me know this.And we see lots open and close within a year ,Way to many .. And you if any one should know what I am talking about as you are in the belly of the beast Yourself..And my point Was if Any one is coming here to open a restaurant try to do your All your island homework first ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 266 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.