Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=1778399

wingsuit base jumping from Ali on Vimeo.

UNBELIEVABLE

watch by clicking the link above, not the embed video above. you get a GIANT SCREEN

Last edited by Marty; 01/01/09 12:42 PM.
I wish I had skis for sale, looks like a good market! wink

Reality..What a concept!
P
P
Phew!! Skis are both expensive and make very dangerous missiles when dropped. What happens to the skis after they've been jettisoned?

S
S
They send out a retriever dog.

Originally Posted by Peter Jones
What happens to the skis after they've been jettisoned?

They become the new topic of obsession for environmentalists who kill thousands of trees writing press releases worrying about the damage that a non bio degradable ski can do to a glacier.

The scientific evidence, which only an unfeeling, uncaring, worker exploiting capitalist pig would dare question is that we will all die a horrible death as the world self destructs......

And you thought it looked like fun?

How could you be so insensitive.......

It's rarely rocket science, it's usually just math: then again if you can't do the math.......
Hey Marty, I don't know how many skydiving related posts there were before 2005, but I love that it has been a popular discussion these past four years! Thanks!

Peter, They pick up the skis and use them again. The ground crew watches them land.

Pug, Good point!

D
D
I used to watch base jumpers go off Camelback Mountain and I thought they were nuts. Those guys are awesome.

That would be kinda like shooting an arrow straight up in the air and hopeing it doesn't come straight down and pin your ear to the ground!, who are those guys who make up that intrpid ground crew? grin

Reality..What a concept!
Hey Reaper, can we do that in Feb??? That looks like a lot of fun and the closest thing to flying......n I'm in snow right now, I'll bring it with me if you can find a mountain to bring along! smile

Take the road less traveled
P
P
Reaper - I owned a pair of skis that were dropped by baggage handlers when they had reached the loading bay height of a 737. I know, I was sitting in the aircraft and watched them go, mine and maybe 20 other pairs. All those skis were splintered and destroyed on impact, totally irrepairably. And that was from only a few tens of feet. How do these skydivers' skis survive?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 294 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.