Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#319237 01/18/09 08:01 PM
S
OP Offline
S
Ok....Ive read all the "fishing" posts in the archives. I'm gonna be in San Pedro for a couple of months and Im trying to decide what tackle to bring down. I was gonna bring maybe an ML or a M spinning setup, trying to bridge the gap between bone fishing, permit fishing, and maybe some small tarpon or snook. I am tempted to bringing some fly fishing gear. I have done quite a bit of fly fishing for trout , so fly fishing is a possibility. I would hire a guide a few times, but I would love to do some fishing on my own. I'm gathering that Ambergris is not a very fishing friendly place unless you go out in a boat. Krehfish...are you out there? What should I bring down?

See my reply in your Ambergris Caye forum thread.

I hope that someday we can put aside our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.
sailfish you can fish off the shore ,with a light or med spin tackel ,lots of small cuda ,jacks ,snapper in the mangroves ..high tide there may be bigger fish around .you can call me at my work number or home /cell toll free but pm me here I will give you number to reach me and the skinny on where and when to go .can not help you with the fly stuff ,as it not me..I fish there once a month and fishing can be real good if you have time and know the spots . of course boat is best but fun can be had here from shore ..

Living The Dream Every Day!

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 120 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.