Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#387682 09/12/10 06:43 PM
J
jerry1 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Finally, a couple of computer idjits like us and our equally pitifull computer actually made it to the chat area!

Just wanted to say hello to all. We're from the states and are poking around with the idea of relocating there. We'll be boring you silly with questions. Gotta hit the FAQ's first. smile

Ree (Jer's other half)

jerry1 #387683 09/12/10 07:06 PM
Jerry and Ree, welcome and believe me this group have been there before. So ask away, but ready to learn how to "search", but above all have fun! Belkin's and One Barrel Rum work wonders! wink

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
jerry1 #387687 09/12/10 08:15 PM
J
jerry1 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Hi, Bob! Noticed you a while ago because of the name. One of our other internet buddies is arkiebob. Now we know an azbob, too. smile

Tried the search feature.....strange. Under "costs of medications in Belize" we came up with every single thread that's on here. Our stupidity, I'm sure. Can you enlighten us on how to use it? We did try it using various things, including making the search more (and less) specific.

Since prescription meds ARE our major concern, can we go ahead and ask about them? Both of us are on literally thousands of dollars worth of meds a month, all paid for completely by our infamous Uncle Sam (that disabled vet thing). BUT, it seems he doesn't like his little neices and nephews leaving the nest, and won't pay for them once we're down there, even if we remain U.S. citizens. We're TRYING to get around that from another direction, but if that doesn't pan out do you know if medical insurance is expensive, or how much difference there is in the cost of meds here and there?

That one issue can make or break the whole issue since the meds cost well more than our monthly income, so we'll save other questions till we figure this one out.

Ree

jerry1 #387694 09/12/10 11:40 PM
Ive been on this board for years and still have difficulty with the search engine. I decided it isnt me.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
jerry1 #387712 09/13/10 08:50 AM
Ree, I agree with Elbert, the "search" is not as easy as "google" and takes some work.

My best friend is also under the same circumstances as you are. Annual exam at VA then a years worth of meds, but they will only fill 90 days at a time and will not ship overseas. He is now in Zimbabwe. The only thing we came up with is: I'm on his records as local contact and next of kin. I will order the 90 day supply that is shipped to my house and then I ship them to him, whereever he is. This has worked for several years now with no problems. Of course, you have to pay the mailing cost, but it is worth it.

In San Pedro you could get set up with a local Doctor, such as Dr. Rodriquez at Poly Clinic, for on going care and he could be backup if the meds don't arrive. Cost is very low compared to the States.

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
jerry1 #387717 09/13/10 09:37 AM
the advanced search tool for this forum is super good. i use it constantly. Just go to the ADVANCED search., don't use the lil "quick search" box that drops down from the search link along the row of links at the top of the page.

click on the SEARCH link and then when it drops down you will see the advanced search. use that. its super. ignore the lil box for quick search. the advanced search gives choices as to which (or all) areas of the site, time search criteria, etc...

here is a direct link to the advanced search... i have it bookmarked cause i use it many many times a day.
//ambergriscaye.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/search.html

the little quick search box is kinda nutty butter. I am unable to restrict its depth to less than the entire ten plus years we have been in this software.... so some results are really old and there are soooo many results.

jerry1 #387732 09/13/10 02:00 PM
Wow, computer geeks from the states planning on relocating in Belize.....What a novel idea.

jerry1 #387753 09/13/10 09:53 PM
hahahahaah Bing be nice!!

jerry1 #387764 09/13/10 11:03 PM
M
M
One way to use the drop down search feature on this site is to use quotation marks. The way you typed it in, the search engine actually searched for any of the words, not just the phrase (meaning it gave you results if it found something with the word Belize in the thread, thus the huge list you got back). Try something like "medication" "medications" "medicine cost" etc. That will narrow the results you get back.

elbert #387907 09/16/10 03:49 AM
A
A
What's up everyone, I'm new to the forum and just wanted to say hey. Hopefully I posted this in the right section!

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 129 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,470
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.