Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#134604 03/10/01 07:23 AM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
hello. i was wondereing if you could tell me anything about the palms. i keep checking their web page but it isnt up. are the units nice? do your folks own it or they rent it? nice pool? are there tv's? thanks. jane

K
K
Hey Janein PA,
Hi! I'll definatetly tell you about the Palms, and if you would like (this is no problem. . .) I could pick up a brochure and info sheet while I'm there, and when I get back I will pop it in the mail to you, or, give me your snail mail address and I'll have them do it! You can find me at [email protected] .net

It's no trouble, I thought I even had a small stack of them around my house somewhere now. . .
The Palms units are incredible! They are kept impecable, all tile and mahogany wood work. Most have TV's (if not all). They are all privately owned (Heidi and I have parents who own two!) One they stay in during the winter months and they other is kept for all us visiting kids! (Wow. . .I'm not sure how we got so lucky!) Anyway, when we are not there, the condo management rents them out. They are supposedly the best built places on the island. (Top quality building. . .whatever, they seem great to me). They have a small, very nice pool and the staff are the best part! They are wonderful to deal with! I was there with mom in May for the annual homeowners meeting. I know that this doesn't make any difference to you, but I could not believe what an incredible stay it was. They has two days of meetings, then 2 days of partying! Every single person who owned there (15 units all together), was a terrific person. By the end of the visit, we had become like a family! They range in age from early 30's (like me. . .) to retired couples. The place has such a warm welcome feeling. . . .I'll bet your not surprised. . . .
Anyway, the staff takes care of you while you are there like you are the best visiters they have ever had. It's right next to Ramon's Villiage. Have you ever been there? When you walk into the entrance, it's as if you leave the rest of the town behind. Tropical paradise. . . .(can you tell I'm slightly fond of the place?). And there is a pier out in front. I must stop dreaming and typing away, I am leaving for The Palms at 4 this afternoon. . . .I have had a permanent grin since yesterday. I will be bak on the 21st, however and will see if I can find an e-mail from you. Send one along if you would like and I will get back with you when I get home.
I'm not sure I answered any questions of yours about The Palms other than it's wonderful. I dare say I don't even know how much the units go for (They have different sizes, obviously, the price will vary), but I will find that out and let you know if you would like! No problem.
I must go, loads to do in the next few hours, but I will check the message board again before I leave the house. Can't control my happiness!
Jen

Kruman
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
wow jen. this is great info. thanks so much for taking the time.

of course i'll first say i am so jealous!! my mom & dad were well to do when i was a kid, then spent it all (except their beautiful new home), leaving us kids nothing but that when they go! i would love to be able to go to AC and not have to pay but for airfare. i am about your age, 37.

the place sounds terrific. i sent them off an email this morning asking prices and so forth. just wanted to hear it from someone who had been there. i stayed at ramon's in '93, so yes, i know it. stayed at journeys end last year, and my husband was seriously underwhelmed by it. if i want to go back someday, i gotta find a nicer place. being closer to town would be good too. the owners dont get snotty of the renters? nice people are what can make a trip.

if you are interested, my e-mail is: [email protected]

hope you have a terrific trip, and think of all us fridgid folks here! by the way, where are you from? thanks again for your time and effort. enjoy, and drink one of those cane juice & pineapple's for me!

M
M
My sister is out of here- so I'll answer for her. The owners don't get snooty at all- very laid back bunch. I know the palms website is down, but it should be up soon... I will have my mom check her email when I get there tomorrow. We are from upstate NY (the Syracuse area). Boy to WE deserve a break from winter.

[This message has been edited by meusgeier (edited 03-10-2001).]

[This message has been edited by meusgeier (edited 03-10-2001).]

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
thanks heidi. i am outside phila., and my brother graduated from syracuse U in 1994! i already received an answer from the palms on email. that was quick! i was happy to hear everyone there is laid back, 'cause that's me too! i have no idea if i can get hubby to go back, but this is very helpful. he didnt like where we stayed last trip, so he bitched about it. i am trying to find the perfect place for us, and the palms sounds like it.

thank you and jen so much. i hope you and your family have a fabulous vacation. we'll save up some cold for you for when you get back! [Linked Image]

M
M
Heidi and Kruman! Do you think your parents would addopt me??? Or how about staying with my parents during Oktoberfest in Munich and than I stay with your parents in SP? Wishfull thinking!

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
hey - i've got first dibs!!!!

K
K
Hi munichchick and Janein PA! It's Jen speaking (Heidi's sister!). We are both back and I have 11 rolls of film developed and I have looked at them over and over in the last 2 days! What a great time we had. How can I post a photo on here?. . then you can put a face with a name! I will look into it right away! We, as Heidi says. . .partied like rock stars! Well, we behaved! But the weather was windy for the first 4 days. . .We walked around San Pedro and were thoroughly dusted by the end of each day. We discovered the greated bakery. Bread pudding to die for (and with the belizian coffee. . .). We rented a golf cart and took the ferry across from the town so we could make it up to Capricorn where we had some fabulous conch cervechi and some strange bananna, coconut, Rum, rum and rum frozen drink. . .We snorkled with the nurse sharks (no worries with that . . .I read somone's message about the safety! They are like puppies! Well, alright, small exaggeration there. . .) Anyway, I did a great dive and spotted a big spotted Eagle Ray! WOW! We celebrated mom's 59th birthday at Elvie's Kitchen (One middle street in town, very good coconut shrimp, and some strange banana, coconut milk, rum, rum, rum drink! Love that one. Excuse me, but right now I am laughing out loud. I want to post a photo or two or three! Anyway, If I didn't have my two children at home here in NY I would have not come back so soon for sure. Oh, so you are a Phili girl?? Our flight was out of Philadelphia. (only $625.00 instead of $1200.00 out of Syracuse!) So we drove the 3 1/2 hours to save a couple of bucks!
Munichchick. . .Watch out, I would love to visit Germany! I was there about 8 years ago. I drove around all over the place with a couple of friends. I distinctly remember that the Rhine River was BIG TIME flooded, we couldn't get where we thought we wanted to go and ended up getting very lost for 2 days and had the best time in some little town (had a great pub). Wish I could remember the name of the place. I know it was very close to Colon. But, I do have a brother who is married to a girl from Meinz. Spelled wrong??? Anyway, I am just chatting away here. I was thinking about out little message board conversations as I was on the Tropic Air flight from Belize City to AC. Feeling very happy for my little break from the snow. Janein PA, this morning I actually saw a huge flock of geese flying NORTH! And a Robin in my front yard! My gosh, is spring maybe thinking of showing up?
Hope you all are well!
Jen Kruman

Kruman
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
jen - to get my photos on the board, i mailed them to marty & his son scanned them in for me. it was a huge favor. if you have a color scanner, you can do it yourself. i would love to see your photos, as everyone has seen mine! glad you had fun. i gotta try one of those banana & coconut & rum & rum & rum things!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.