Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
perlex Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Need to contact someone who takes freight to belize as going through the Post office is not economical..Have heard of people who go down to belize often and take boxes or barrels down.. please reply and contact me if you know of anyone who does this.. I am in Eugene, Oregon.
thanks.. carms

Hey guys, email us at [email protected]

We'll try to help... Thanks, Rick

KC Offline
Carms,
Another Eugene Belize-lover??? I live in Eugene also. I looked into shipping a while back. You can e-mail Sterling Freight at [email protected] I have some info on them, (prices, etc.) so I can get that to you if you want. e-mail me at [email protected] If you have a fax machine I can fax what I have to you.

Kathy

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
KC, can you email us this info too.. Thanks,

Rick

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
We shipped through Express Lane in San Pedro. I think it's listed as Belize Development. You can check with [email protected] and they can give her number and/or edress.
I sent 15 large boxes, it was about $1,000, and that included duty (and the extra $12.00 permit fee for my Charmin!) Nothing was damaged (and I sent lamps, tv, stereo, candles, kitchen stuff). My only complaint was that it wasn't delivered the day I had requested, it was 4 days late. Yes, I know... Belize time is different from mine!
In the end, it was OK. Because it took so long, I convinced the husband to stay an extra week, so I could get everything put away! So, it wasn't all bad.

Xpresslane charges $3, u.s. a lb. plus fees that you'll never see on their price list, or be told about until your goods arrive. The famous, unspoken, "brokerage fee". I like to know before I contract services, what the end cost will be and that seems impossible with them. And it was more than annoying to be charged these extra fees. I felt ripped off when I got the bill. There was no customs negotiations that I could see, we were charged top dollar on everything.

There is something to be said for the value of door-to-door service, but you can ship your goods from Miami to Belize City for about 65 cents a lb. by using Amerijet. I've heard that Sterling Shipping is quite reputable also. People who have lived on the island for many years use Sterling. Shop around. I'm sorry but I can't recommend Xpresslane, I wasn't happy with the service, and I've not talked to anyone who has.
--Silk

Not sure if this is current info..but here goes.

Daniel Bellini in Houston has been transporting goods for about 18 yrs. He has a closed container size truck and deals with everything...large shipments, small stuff, whole households and U.S. and Belizean Customs.
His schedule varies so contact him to arrange a date.

Daniel Bellini
11203 Sagevale Lane
Houston, Tx. 77089
Phone: 281-922-1248

Another possibility is Anna Fairweather, whose husband Hector drives a rig to Belize monthly. His basic charge is $.90 U.S. per pound, but he has a set fee for larger items like fridge or stove, or even for the whole truck. Duties are on top of the shipping fee, but it is delivered right to your door in Belize.

Bel-Usa Freight Lines
1259 West 65th
Los Angeles, Ca. 90044
Phone: 323-778-1811 (Hector or Anna)

I had this copied on a piece of paper and have no idea where I got it from. Hope it wasn't from Marty....LOL [Linked Image]
Anyway..hatsoff to whoever got the info.

Thanks! [Linked Image]

P
perlex Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Hi everyone out there.. thanks for all the great info.. think I have something to go on.. will be contacting the email addresses and phone numbers I have gotten.. once again thanks a bunch.. and thanks to Marty for this great service of a message board.. First time I am really using it and I think it is great.. guess I will be here more often to get in touch with belizeans and those who love belize also.. I live in Eugene, Oregon so if you know anyone in this area from belize please contact me.. thanks to all for the help.. great responses.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 340 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.