Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
C
ChrisW Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I have been seeing the following problem for the last couple of months. I am guessing it is a setting on my computer, since nobody else is complaining about it and I just re-did my computer from scratch cause of a virus.

If I try and Edit a message, it says you are not logged in. I hit Login and login. It says Thanks for logging in. It then trys to take me back to the message and says you are not logged in.

I can post but I always have to supply my Login Name and Password. It is like I am logging on, but then it immediately forgets that I am logged on or immediately logs my out.

Not a big deal 'cause I can still post, but I can't edit.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

you sure you don't have a virus?

Love is a many splendid thing and food runs a close second.
C
ChrisW Offline OP
OP Offline
C
My computer is as clean as clean can be. I reformatted the hard-drive, reinstalled the operating system with the latest updates, have the latest virus scanning software, and have a spyware killer running. I think it is probably a Internet Explorer setting. Maybe my security settings are too tight and all my cookies are getting eaten or ending up half-baked. :p

yat Offline
Chris,

If you have Zone Alarm running you might have it set to too high a level of security.

If you do have ZA, try disabling it and then try again logging into the board. If you can get in then you're security setting is too high.

Also, if you go into MS Internet Explorer's /Tools/Internet options you can make changes to your security level.

Sounds like a sequel to "Ground Hog Day".

Gone fishing!!
E
E
Bill, Would you please explain to me what the hell they are talking about. And, while you are at it, help me out with Bywarren and Dog. I usually skip their comments because I feel like I'm back in H.K., Totally LOST !

Ernie

C
ChrisW Offline OP
OP Offline
C
No luck with the security settings. I changed this site to the lowest level and the behavior did not change. Also, I don't have Zone Alarm.

yat Offline
Chris,

Are you using some kind of blocking software like 'At Guard' or 'BlackIce'? Try disabling it. Also, try disabling you AV software to see if that makes a difference. Yes, you're taking a chance with no AV software but at this point you've got to try a few different things to try and track down the problem. Still sounds like it's a cookie problem. Your computer doesn't remember your login information. Good luck.

One thing you could try is....try logging in and editing on another computer...if that STILL doesn't allow you to edit or stay logged on you'll have to email Marty.

If the other computer works OK try...

If you're using Internet Explorer:

Tools-Internet Options: Delete Cookies and Delete Files.

Same place: Settings: Check for newer versions of stored pages set to "Automatically"

Now, go to Tools-Internet Options-Privacy...click Advanced, Click to "Disable Automatic Cookie Handling", make sure that "Accept" is clicked on both sides.

"OK" your way out of all those dialogues. Close Internet Explorer down, then re-start it. Try the message board again.

(Apologies to Ernie and for that matter Pedro)

Ernie: H.K., now I'm confused. Bill PS. I can not explain my actions, let alone others. confused confused confused

Gone fishing!!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 119 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,202
Posts500,025
Members20,466
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.