Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
MALIBU Offline OP
OP Offline
What is everybody doing this weekend? Anything interesting???

Going to the mountains (Canaan Valley, WV) to check out the change in colors.

MALIBU Offline OP
OP Offline
Neeto! We went to Maine/Mass/NH etc... a couple of years back to see the leaves change. It was BEAUTIFUL!!!

I am going to sequester myself and listen to a new CD I bought featuring Nina Simone.

Then I will try and finish a book that I am reading: Blow Out by Catherine Coulter. It's only 386 pages... I am on page 4.

What else... hmmmm... my 8 year old daughter and my 6 year old daughter both who live with my ex-wife, have soccer games tomorrow which I will attend.

On Sunday, I'll probably finish page 5 of the book I'm reading. Then the rest of the day I'll spend resting up for Monday... even though I have nothing planned for Monday. eek

MALIBU Offline OP
OP Offline
8 am Saturday: Pilates

8 am Sunday: head to a little cafe in the Heights for a GREAT breakfast.

This is the extent of my plans for the weekend. Many more impromptu events will likely occur. I will continue read on Stuart Woods HEAT and just for the record has 376 pages, on page 122. BTW I just discovered Lawrence Sanders McNally books. What GREAT books! If you get close to Half Price Books this weekend pick up a couple of these. You will not be disappointed.

I'll read a page or two of The Last Girls by Lee Smith. Sure, its a chick flick kind of novel, but I finished all of my Tom Corcoran Key West novels and I needed something to read on the Metro this morning, so my caring wife handed me a book and said "quit complaining"...
Plus, I'll pick and press a leaf for Denny's collection... :rolleyes:

I almost bought a house in the Heights a while back. The problem I had with the area was you could walk down a street with million dollar homes on it, at the corner turn down the next street and you were transported back to Tobacco Road... amazing.

There also was a little cafe I would go to on Sunday morning as well for breakfast. For the life of me I can't remember the name now. A friend of mine was a waitress there, up until the time the manager walked in and caught her and the cook.... ummmm "preparing things" on the prep table. laugh eek

MALIBU Offline OP
OP Offline
Java Java Cafe? Hope it's the same one...
YUM!!! I'm going to have their version of Eggs Benedict which includes: on a croissant with avocado & tomato instead of ham and with that I will have extra-done hashbrowns. Can't wait!!! I hope you are joking about the prep table incident Denny. Now I will be thinking about the cook and just exactly where his hands have been prior to cooking my food.

USNA73 if you decide that you happen to like those 'chick' books you should check out Janet Evanovich's 'numbered' or Stephanie Plum books. I've never laughed so hard in my life! Actually although I initially thought these books to be 'chick' books, mother passed them on to a male friend who just loved them. They are highly entertaining books about a female bounty hunter. Too Too (won't make that mistake 2'ce) funny!!!
BTW I have never heard of Lee Smith. If she writes crotch classics, this might be why. I don't go for that stuff.......

Java Java!! YES, that's it!!

And no, I was not joking. sorry.... Nah, the cook and the waitress are both gone now... but I don't know about the prep table where they will be preparing your Sunday morning breakfast. laugh eek

Yes! Stephanie Plum is a great character. I've read 'em all. And it started with another recommendation from Susan. There is a real estate agent in our neighborhood named Sally Sweet. I crack up every time I see her sign, thinking about Stephanie's pal...

I never heard of Lee Smith either. It is definitely not a crotch classic. Made the New York Times bestseller list. "A 2002 Booklist Editor's Choice Pick." Looks like she has 13 other titles to her credit. I have surprised myself by enjoying it!

Peter

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 356 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.