Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
stugatz Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hello all. I am coming to belize in May and staying at Victoria House and Maruba-Jungle spaand resort for a total of 2 weeks. Absolutely can't wait to visit this pearl of a country. However, upon my visit to my local doctor he recc. taking preventative malaria pills before i go. I really rather not because of the potential side effects. Does anyone have any advice on whether to take the pills or not?? I mean i'm only going to AC and Maruba which is near the coast as well but technically in the jungle. Please all, help me out so i can put this issue to bed. Both resorts say it's not recc., but wanted to get everyone's thoughts, because i hear malaria isn't thatmuch fun.Thanks so much.....

Don't get them... you don't need them. Malaria pills are suggested for people going inland and staying for long periods of time.. as in months.
Informed Drs. will not suggest the pills at all.

I agree with masked bandit laugh up there, don't bother with the pills.

And, I recommend not staying at the Maruba spa too long. Very nice to visit but very much in the middle of nothing and there aren't usually very many people there either. Can get kind of spooky if you stay there too long. Disclaimer: I have not been to the spa in 10 yrs however all the people I have heard from who have visited it within the last year have told me it is still the same.

Maruba is a very nice place actually... but I agree with Malibu... it's smack dab in the middle of nowhere.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 141 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,198
Posts500,015
Members20,458
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.