Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
OP Offline
L
Anybody from New York? I have to go on a business trip to a place called Ballston Spa, which I understand is in upstate New York. Since I have only been to the East coast twice (Florida), I am clueless about travel there. It looks like my best bet is to fly into Albany, right? Also, how far is it to NYC/Manhattan from where I will be (mileage/driving time). Sure would love to see the Big Apple while there!

I did a map search for you. I had heard of Ballston Spa since we travel northward to one of the upstate lakes and knew it sounded familiar smile

It's a good 3 hour drive and approximately 185 miles from Ballston Spa to NY City.

Bring time along with you smile You will want to spend some if you get there.
Enjoy laugh

http://maps.google.com/

Yes, flying into Albany is best and it's only 28 miles or so North from there to Ballston Spa, NY
smile

L
OP Offline
L
Thank you! I hear it not too pretty of a place, but I have to go, so might as well try to get to NYC.

It's close to Saratoga Springs which is a great town - great shopping, eats, race track, hot springs, ballet & concert performances. Beautiful area. Can take the train to the city if you don't rent a car.

L
OP Offline
L
Thanks!

S
S
Ballston Spa is a very quaint historical town. The San Souci Hotel used to take up the entire down town area. Famous individuals including George Washington onced stayed at the San Souci Hotel. People would travel from all over to enjoy the "Spa" in Ball's Town (area's founder). James Finnamore Cooper wrote "The Last of the Mohigans" here at an inn which is now the Brookside Museum and Bed and Breakfast (Mohigan Hill, Olde Iron Spring and Foot's Pond adjacent).

Abner Doubleday (founder of Baseball) was born here also.

Saratoga eclipsed Ballston Spa with the opening on the horseracing track there. Ballston Spa is now a small town, the county seat and a great place to visit in the summer.

Albany is the closest regioinal airport. Ballston Spa is 4 miles from Exit 12 on the Northway (I-87).

I usually fly into NYC and catch AMTRACK to Saratoga. Nice ride.

Born and raised on Route 50 (Milton Ave) directly accross from the Ballston Spa Public Library.

SIN

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
L
OP Offline
L
Interesting info SIN: 1 a.m. here in Calif and I have been surfing the internet for a couple of hours trying to figure the best way to mix business with pleasure on this trip. A small world it is sometimes. Fortunately, the week after I go to NY, I will be in Belize on vacation!

S
S
Kewl.

Trade: NYC Bagels for One Barrel Rum?

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
L
OP Offline
L
Sounds like a good trade to me, but your bagel may be green by the time I get it there. Better yet, Gela and I plan on BC's BBQ on Sunday 5/8. Will be in Placencia for a few days before a week in San Pedro. Come on down and have a One Barrel Rum with us! I'll give you an update on your hometown.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 110 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,198
Posts500,015
Members20,458
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.