Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
T
OP Offline
T
As I opened my 90th email of the day I realized that I was going to have to "recruit" help from the message board regulars to answer it. So if you are a board regular or just bored- Have a go at it! As received:

Some of the questions previously sent and not answered

If your place is in the top 5 on the caye, who are the other 4?

Where are you in price and location in relation to the others? (I am not one to pay the highest price because it is the highest.)

Do the others offer the same snorkeling trips at similar prices?

New questions

What are the disadvantages/advantages to visiting in mid Feb or early Mar? Which would be better?

For air travel from the mainland, is it necessary to book in advance?

Is the flight price the same whether you or I schedule the flight?

Is there a water taxi from the mainland? If so, what is the cost and how long does it take? Is there an advantage to using water taxi?

I assume the advantages of air travel are less time and the view, any others?

May I arrange your snorkel tours from the resort?

How much time before the tour must I register?

Do your snorkel tours leave from the resort?

Is snorkel equipment available for use at the resort?

Is snorkel equipment included in the tours?

If so, how is the equipment cleaned?

May snorkel equipment be purchased on the island?

If so, how much is it?

Regarding the manatee tour, does one swim with the manatee?

What is the % chance of swimming/snorkeling with dolphins?

Is there a chance at the resort, or would a tour be better?

If a tour would be better, which one?

Please provide a description of the Blue Hole Snorkel and Turneffe Elbow tours.

How are they different from the others?

What makes them worth it?

What different experiences/sights do they provide, if any?

How are the Blue Hole and Turneffe Elbow different?

Is there a tour that combines the Blue Hole and Turneffe Elbow?

Why is there no snorkel trip to Lighthouse Reef?

Where can I rent a bicycle?

How long does it take to walk to the lagoon?

For lodgers, what is the included breakfast menu?

(Name withheld)

You want honest answers to these questions or the normal wise cracks and politically correct statements?

WE ARE GOING TO HAVE FUN WITH THIS ONE! laugh wink :p

C
C
Copy that......and paste it on an e mail to the resort of your choosing....or 5 resorts if you like............

T
T
my reply.... sorry we are booked solid for the next 5 years!! laugh

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Geez, Tim - you must have the patience of a saint - makes me regret some of the emails I've sent ya wink Just email em the link to this board and tell em to search.
For fun - here's my answers to the ones I know IMHO
Answers to Questions previously sent and not answered:

1. Depends on who you ask
2. Moderately priced.
3. For the most part, Yes

Answers to New questions:

1. disadvantages/advantages are dependent on your perspective - mid Feb or early Mar is still considered high season thus more crowded, but it is not hurricane season.
2. Not necessary, but a good idea
3. Yes
4. Yes, approx $15US each way, 1 hr 15 minutes, again, advantage dependant upon perspective
5. View from water taxi is also beautiful, some think air is better in inclement weather
6. Yes
7. Generally the day before is sufficient, may want to allow more time in high season
8. Yes
9. No
10. For an added fee
11. You will need to check with each operator
14. No
15. Varies, but slim
16. Not at the resort, a tour will increase chances
17. Dependent on season
18. Please check the Monkey Business Travel Shop website
19. See 18
20. See 18
21. See 18
22. See 18
23. See 18
25. Many places on the island,
26. Approximately 15 minutes
27. Varied breakfast menu; Banana Beach breakfast includes eggs, pastries, fruit, juice & coffee

S
S
In my experience with Belize Expeditions people who were that concerned about pre-planning every single minute of their vacation rarely enjoyed their vacation. No matter what lengths you go to satisfy their needs they'll always find some fault and it will always be yours because "you told me"... Belize is probably not the place for them, they should probably head to an all inclusive somewhere else in the Caribbean and even then they'll complain that the items in the gift shop weren't part of the package.

E
E
Tim, my friend...... I have never known you to fail to have an answer, no matter how stupid. I know!

T
T
as i was in the service industry for close to 30 years, what simon says is right on. i have seen it so many times, over planning and to many concerns usually are a recipe for disappointment. but what do i know. like simon stated, if one thing on that checklist goes wrong,you are going to get an earfull.jmo

There is not one new question on that list, that has not been asked many times on the Board.

Take it as an outline to develope a General Info Bulletin, that can be sent to all, even if they only email with one question.

Could be a school assignment, the emailer wants you/us to do the homework/research for him.

Dare To Deviate
C
C
All of the resorts on the island are set up to plan and schedule tours, diving etc. Some have their own operation and others use one of the local tour/dive companies that they have tried that they and their guests are happy with. All of the resorts have staff set up to answer those questions on a daily basis......If I recommend a resort or touring company someone is going to disagree...it's best if Tim asks those questions of the 4-5 resorts shown on the ambergriscaye website, that he likes the looks of. I like staying in and around town and I have stayed at Banana Beach, The Palms, Woody's, the Exotic Caye, Ramon's and Xanadu...............I like all of those..........I'm sure there are more to add to the list.............Those resorts will set up your tours for you ...the way you want them.....OUT

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 320 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.